Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
MARTIN BOWS OR PSE 3G Stinger? >

MARTIN BOWS OR PSE 3G Stinger?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MARTIN BOWS OR PSE 3G Stinger?

Old 09-12-2013, 03:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default MARTIN BOWS OR PSE 3G Stinger?

I sold my 2009 saber made by Martin 2 years ago and now I am looking for a mid range price bow to get back into hunting.I was thinking on the line again for a Martin bow ?
I also see PSE make the stinger 3G model but have read a lot of reviews as far as the cable and stings they supply are not the best.
I wonder should I stay with martin or try the 3g stinger?
I see only one draw back with the PSE is the mass bow weight runs around 4 1/2lbs compared to 3 1/2lbs from martin.
I also am looking for a 27" draw with a max bow poundage at 50 lbs.
I did have back and neck surgery so 40 to 50 lbs is mt limit I have no problems in drawing.I know from past experience the M pro cams draw like silk I wonder how smooth the PSE cams are?
Old 09-12-2013, 03:50 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Stick with the martin, i shot one since 1971.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never shot a Martin but I have heard good things about some of them. I have a Stinger 3G and like it personally for what it cost me. Has a couple of flaws but nothing that can't be fixed easy. Two small allen head set screws on the cam draw setting will vibrate loose if you don't put some temporary Locktite on them. And my string twisted for a while until it got broke in now its fine. Other than that its been a good shooting bow set up for 360.00 got 40.00 off on mine.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Spike

I would get a PSE. They shoot fast and don't require a lot of poundage to get the speed. I have a few customers that shoot the martin Bengal pro and each one of the bows have blown up on them twice in the last year. Not sure why they have done that but the customer service through martin has been a complete nightmare.