Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
bowtech destroyer 350 arrow kick problems >

bowtech destroyer 350 arrow kick problems

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowtech destroyer 350 arrow kick problems

Old 09-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Spike

Default bowtech destroyer 350 arrow kick problems

So last year I picked up a destroyer off craiglist for a good price, and seemed to of have a problem with it since day one. I've killed a deer with it but this year the problem seems greatly increased.
It keeps kicking arrows all crazy and swirling to the target, ive tried lighter and heavier arrows. Every now and then one might shoot pretty good, but then all crazy again. Keep in mind this is all with field tips.
As you can imagine the longer the shot the worse it shoots. I took it to my bow shop and told them to check everything out, like timing, d loop, arrow rest, anything to do with my problem. When I got it back I didn't have a chance to shoot it there, and when I got to shoot today its still doing the same thing... not any better at all.
This is driving me insane, deer season came in last weekend and I cant even go out in the woods. With my work and school schedule its hard for me to find time to get to shoot as much as id like so it makes this problem even worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Spike

I forgot to mention I had a drop away rest on it when I first got it, the shop said they thought maybe it wasn't dropping fast enough and making contact. I then put a old whisker biscuit on it I had on my hoyt and am still having problems. I always make sure that my vain isn't going to make contact with the cable or anything else. Please help me out guys!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like hand torque to me. Trying gripping the bow less. Let it rest in your hand do not hold on to it tightly.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:30 AM
Fork Horn

I agree that it could be hand torque. Has the arrow flight gotten better with the whisker biscuit? The reason I ask is because that rest would make your flight worse with hand torque issues!
My suggestion is to buy a good drop away rest. Paper tune it and then go from there. Once paper tuned, your arrow flight should be pretty good.
You can paper tune the whisker bisket also.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

try feathers
Old 09-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you tried tuning your bow at all? Paper tuning is probably your answer (Bowtech actually recommends leaving the rest at centershot, then cable tuning. I personally blend the two on my Destroyer).

I'd recommend checking cam lean and A2A on both sides to eliminate that as a factor. THEN paper tune the bow. Double check cam timing as well, and your nock position.

Heavier or lighter arrows isn't the only solution, and I'd say it's RARELY the solution.

As a HUGE fan of the Destroyer, I'm more than interested in helping you troubleshoot the bow!

For the Destroyer, you need a much stiffer arrow than you would assume based on normal charts. I fought with mine for a few months, shooting .340" spine shafts, then finally jumped down to .300's, started punching bullet holes.

Ensure there's nothing wrong with the cam timing and alignment, make sure you have a stiff enough arrow, then paper tune and you'll be good to go.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Spike

I really appreciate all the feedback. I don't think its me torqueing the bow really, I have shot my buddies just fine while this is going on, ive tried paper tuning it and had no luck. My bow shop guy said the only other thing he thinks it could be would be the rest, since the whisker biscuit is wore out looking from he says. Im thinking of trying a good drop away since I don't really know what else to do, I need to be in the woods. Any other ideas what it could be? Im leaning towards a rip cord drop away, any opinions on it or others?
Old 09-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Spike

"Every now and then one might shoot pretty good, but then all crazy again. "
Did you number your arrows? Swirling to the target....like missing a vane? So you have 3 things in my mind....1.your arrow is hitting something coming off your bow...rest, cable, sight, etc... .2. you are gripping your bow hand...torqueing the bow, should be in the soft spot of your hand, grip open. 3.Your draw hand is torqueing your release, assuming you are shooting a wrist caliper, you have more than just your trigger finger on the release, maybe a 2nd or 3rd finger gripping on the strap coming up through your hand...
Hope these ideas help...