Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hunting Net Participation >

Hunting Net Participation

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Net Participation

Old 09-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

I tend to do a lot more creeping than posting anymore...
Old 09-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default First time back in a few years

I used to hit up this forum religiously several times a day back in around 2006-2008. Then I got a "real job" where I didn't have nearly as much screw off time so I quit coming. Really nothing to do with the site. More to do with my available time becoming limited.

But just for the heck of it, I came back today for the first time in a few years to poke around and get myself excited for bow season. It does seem a little "smaller" than I remember. Which might not be a bad thing.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
About 4 years ago there was a group of members that formed a clique and the only "good" hunters were those who were in their group....
Reason why I stopped coming to this section. In their opinion the only real hunters were bow hunters. Gun hunters were the scum of the earth. I both gun and bow hunt. Glad to see some of them gone.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not to stir the pot, but I don't think there is as much skill involved in killing a deer with a gun as there is with a bow. The distance thing. jmho I've killed plenty of deer with both. I've used rifle, shotgun, compound bow, and crossbow. Now, I hunt with compound bow only. But hey, hunt any way you like, as long as it's legal I'm cool with it.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by early in
Not to stir the pot, but I don't think there is as much skill involved in killing a deer with a gun as there is with a bow. The distance thing. jmho I've killed plenty of deer with both. I've used rifle, shotgun, compound bow, and crossbow. Now, I hunt with compound bow only. But hey, hunt any way you like, as long as it's legal I'm cool with it.

Of course there isn't but why start and argument with someone on the internet???

Heck, I've never shot with a release, think that takes part of the skill out of bowhunting, but I don't care if others to...

Frankly, I'm thinking my next bow might be a horizontal bow...

Many of us use different methods and weapons for hunting...My passion is using a flintlock that I built in the '80s with lead round balls that I cast myself...
Old 09-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Read the first 5 words in the first sentence and the whole last sentence again.