Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best deer attractant ever used >

Best deer attractant ever used

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best deer attractant ever used

Old 08-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Corn is great but if you have a problem with coons in your area I would recommend a mineral rock instead. Every time I put corn down where I hunt and set my trail camera(s), I'll usually have 300 pics and about 250 are coons.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Spike

Look up www.brothersoutfitting.com. (Cullman, Al) they make a mineral called Buck Monster. If theirs a deer within a mile, it will find it. I've tried everything. Yeah your generic corn, salt blocks, apples, etc..., will bring deer in, but if there is other food around whether natural or other hunters put it out, you may get some pics. We've had deer on buck monster that afternoon. I'm in no way profiting by telling you about this. I've just found a good product that I believe in. I believe it's about $25/ bucket. A bucket does 2 spots.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

"Best bait pile...Not Corn, not carrots, spoiled brussels' sprouts. See deer aren't just colorblind they're all-blind and they gotta rely on the ol'factory"
Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I maintain a salt lick at one of my locations. I pour 100 lbs of salt in it every year. They hit it from March until early September. I can inventory most buck within a mile radius. Done it for 10 years now.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigwhitetailbuck
Best thing I use is apples. I just pick up the junk apples and throw them out in front of my camera. Usually brings them in within a day
I bring in fallen apples in front of my game cam and one doe hogs most of them! I have tons of pics of her just muching away at all the apples...
Old 08-21-2013, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Corn feeder helps keep the Coons from getting it all. Got 20 Turkeys everyday but thats fine cause I hunt them as well as Deer. Minerals are cheapest way since the coons do not bother them best as I can tell. Corn works well for me with free apples from my buddies apple tree. I likewise have a few Does that hog most of them but the Bucks get some as well. The bags of special Deer attractants I have not had much luck with because the coons get that and it's such a small amount for 9 to 18 bucks. I prefer a 50 lb. bag of corn for 9 bucks at the feed store last quite a while in my feeder. Molasses is a special treat for them at times, they love it. My feed store sells it by the gallon for about 2 bucks so it is a good draw at a cheap price.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use my neighbors pear tree. He doesnt eat pears so by the fall i got several buckets full of pears from his trees. Previous neighbor planted them and they tend to do well. Been even thinking of planting on out in the woods i hunt in an opening just so i dont have to keep carrying them.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
I use my neighbors pear tree. He doesnt eat pears so by the fall i got several buckets full of pears from his trees. Previous neighbor planted them and they tend to do well. Been even thinking of planting on out in the woods i hunt in an opening just so i dont have to keep carrying them.
last year I used the fallen pears from my friends pear tree...the deer love them...even the skins from the pears that they canned...
Old 08-24-2013, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

sweet grain,corn work well here... but has to gone 90days before opening day
Old 09-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Big tine fortified deer blend..its a mixture of shell and cracked corn, sunflower seeds and whitetail institute 30-06 supplement. best thing I ever tried.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.