Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
need helping choosing broadhead. >

need helping choosing broadhead.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need helping choosing broadhead.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:11 AM
Spike

I use Muzzy 3 blades at 100 and 125 grains. For traditional I use Bear 4 blades. Sky-Dogg
Old 10-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Spike

I used two blade mechanicals last year and lost two bucks. One shot was a pass through, the other was not. Also had a doe that took a pass through go way too far. OK, maybe I'm a lousy shot, or just bad luck. I switched to Spitfire mechanical 3 blades this year and am 3 for 3 with two pass throughs and one buried completely inside (hit a little far back at 50 yards and arrow went through the heart, trachea, stopped up inside the neck). None of these 3 got very far. Another bonus is no stupid o-rings to replace. I can't see any reason to use the two blade, O-Ring mechanicals, after trying these three blade Spitfires.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

I posted earlier before season started about grim reapers. I shot my buck Oct 13 and the broaded didnt open up. Lucky I hit him perfect for double lung but the blood trail wasnt very easy to find up till about 60 yds. Found him 85yds from where I shot. Just a bad dudd I guess. Im still going to use them
Old 10-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Spike

I've heard a lot of stories with mechanicals not working so I just tried what I had on my traditional setup and it worked great for me. I used a Magnus Stinger 2 blade with bleeder blades 125g. If you shoot them in the heart or lung, then it doesn't really matter.