Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
need helping choosing broadhead. >

need helping choosing broadhead.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need helping choosing broadhead.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default need helping choosing broadhead.

I know this topic is usually beat to death and everybody has diffrent opinions. But im sitting here trying to pick what broadhead im going to shoot this year. I just want to know what you guys are shooting and what you think of them. Pros and cons and such. Right now im looking at rage 2 or the new rage hypodermics possibly but then I hear grim reapers or shwackers killzone. I prefer a mechanical head I like the big holes and the way they fly. I tryed the g5 t3 I got a deer with them but i just didnt care for the spider clip thing and how hard they opened. thanks for any input
Old 08-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

100grn, 1-3/8ths cut GrimReaper Razor Cuts. No rubber bandythingy to break, deal with, or whatever else they do. Never looked back nor will ever change. Have 1 dz loaded up n ready to go, have 2 dz on shelf if the first ones run out or break.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Rockets have been in my quiver for over 15 years the band is a benefit locking blades have the potential to stay locked especially when replaced and tightened by someone other than the manufacture. The band that holds rockets in place is 100% reliable they do not fail and IMO are much more fail safe than a blade that locks.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Im shooting Rage 2 blades for whitetail, as I do every year. And Im going to pick up a few G5 Montec CS's for my Hog hunt.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

I had been shooting Rage for the past 4 or 5 years and this past year I switched to Swhacker and it is by far the best performing broadhead I have ever shot
Old 08-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot muzzys because I like a broadhead that will do its job every time and cannot possibly fail as long as I do my job and pull off a good shot.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Bartender

I am shooting the NAP Killzones again this coming season. Those fly so true and will not come loose in flight. No rattling or nothing!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

i've shot deer with muzzy 3 blades, rage 2 blade, nap hell razors, nap thunderheads. They all killed my deer the same. i liked the rage the best because they fly just like my field points. No BH tuning needed. what i don't like is the price, and the blades are trashed after one use. i want to try some grim reapers or spitfires this year though.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know what your setup is, some broadheads need a bit of KE to be effective. I've had some success with Rage 2 blade but a couple of times I hit shoulder and that didn't end up very good. Last year I used 1 3/8" Grim Reaper razor tips and so far so good. I'm going to stick with them this year.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

125 gr. Montec G5's , 3-blade, fixed. Simple, deadly, accurate out of my set-up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.