Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
need helping choosing broadhead. >

need helping choosing broadhead.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need helping choosing broadhead.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bghunter777
Rockets have been in my quiver for over 15 years the band is a benefit locking blades have the potential to stay locked especially when replaced and tightened by someone other than the manufacture. The band that holds rockets in place is 100% reliable they do not fail and IMO are much more fail safe than a blade that locks.

I have to put a vote in for Rocket Arrowheads...Steelhead 100 grain. Field point acurate and just crush deer!

What ever you are most accurate with...not hard to kill a deer if your shot is correct!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

I ended up getting rage hypodermics love the design of them. They look like they will do very well. The tip on them is great can't wait to try them on a deer
Old 08-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well good luck with your choice. I would have told you that if you're shooting less than 50# to go with a cut on contact BH.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by browtine7
I had been shooting Rage for the past 4 or 5 years and this past year I switched to Swhacker and it is by far the best performing broadhead I have ever shot
I agree. I shoot a swhacker also. Best broadhead on the market
Old 08-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Spike

SHWACKER!!!! IM A SHWACKER FAN, WON'T CHANGE ANYTIME SOON! Haven't lost 1 deer with them, they've never failed- were as I've had other broad heads fail, (killzones, T3, and the all Famous RAGE) The rage didn't open on a Giant! I lung shot him, he ran 30 yards in some thick stuff, heard him crash, wen't in 2 hours later and he was just laying there looking at me, I went to back out and he got up and ran and never looked back, I have the shot on film, Perfect broadside behind the shoulder 1/2 the way up the body, just perfect, I dont get it! Still makes me upset to this day. !!! So here we are SHWACKER ALL THE WAY!!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by danjares
SHWACKER!!!! IM A SHWACKER FAN, WON'T CHANGE ANYTIME SOON! Haven't lost 1 deer with them, they've never failed- were as I've had other broad heads fail, (killzones, T3, and the all Famous RAGE) The rage didn't open on a Giant! I lung shot him, he ran 30 yards in some thick stuff, heard him crash, wen't in 2 hours later and he was just laying there looking at me, I went to back out and he got up and ran and never looked back, I have the shot on film, Perfect broadside behind the shoulder 1/2 the way up the body, just perfect, I dont get it! Still makes me upset to this day. !!! So here we are SHWACKER ALL THE WAY!!!!
Then you evidently didn't hit both lungs. For even if you were to hit both lungs with a field point, the damage is enough to cause sufficient damage to harvest the animal in 2 hrs much less get up and run off like it was not hit. You more than likely hit only one lung and missed the opposite side. I personally shoot 100grn GrimReaper RazorCut, 1-3/8ths cut.

Last edited by SecondChance; 08-17-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

I shot Grim Reapers for 3 years with no complaints, but I decided to try the Rage 2 blades and decided to stick with them. They both do the job just fine.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure all these broadheads mentioned are good. I have been using Spitfire 100's for over 10 years and have had great success with them. Have never had one fail. I've shot two deer with the same broadhead many times. Just clean and sharpen.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just go eeni meeni miini moh. They all kill. It comes down to preference.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deernutz
Just go eeni meeni miini moh. They all kill. It comes down to preference.
I really think the biggest choice is whether you're going to go mechanical or fixed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.