HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Need Help Picking A New Bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/383582-need-help-picking-new-bow.html)

Jr_Buck_Hunter 08-02-2013 07:12 PM

Need Help Picking A New Bow

I'm 15 and have already outgrown 2 bows one being a Diamond and a Bear. Is there any brand you guys would suggest? I've been looking at Hoyts, PSEs, and Matthews.

Jbergy 08-02-2013 08:06 PM

Check out an elite hunter. They are great bows

indiana deer hunter 08-02-2013 10:38 PM

I would go Mathews there really is no better ! Hoyt then bow tech

RyanVT 08-03-2013 03:30 AM

Well what's your price range? Are you looking for a package bow or buying a bare bow and putting everything on? I'd check out the bowtechs for sure. If you give us a little more of an idea we can send you In the right direction. No matter what akways shoot as many bows as you can and get the one that feels the best to you.

bighorns35 08-03-2013 05:26 AM

I agree,an elite hunter is an excellent bow. had a Mathews,absolutely hated it. bought a hoyt,and thought that it was the best bow ever made. until I shot an elite hunter,and saw first hand what was wrong with the hoyt and Mathews. but,with that being said. everybody is different. go shoot as many as you can,pick the one that feels the best to you. regardless of what the name on it says. if its comfortable and fits you,you will love shooting it.

Jr_Buck_Hunter 08-03-2013 08:04 AM

Thanks for all the help guys.
I think i'm going to get a bare bow and put everything on it. I'll also try to use all the bows you guys have recommend.

RyanVT 08-03-2013 09:06 AM

Wish I could have tried an elite bow but I have no dealers near me. don't get me wrong I love my bowtech insanity its crazy fast. just make sure your try everything so you don't second guess your decision.

Jbergy 08-03-2013 12:23 PM

I'm tellin ya those elites are awesome. They are super smooth, very accurate, the back wall is the best on the market, their customer service is out of this world, the warranty is the best on the market as well. Just shoot one that's all I'm sayin. It may not be as quiet as the Mathews but you can add accessories for that. I've had no issues putting on accessories and tuning these bows. They tune perfectly every time. I've shot Mathews, high country, bear, browning and PSE bows and my elite is as good as it gets.

Nomercy448 08-03-2013 09:47 PM

I'm a big Bowtech fan, VERY hard to beat Bowtech bows for value, speed, and power. But, I'd say they aren't 'beginners bows'.

Then again, I am DYING to get my hands on a new Mathews Monster Chill (basically a Creed with dual cams).

Here's the trick with buying bows: Pick a price you can afford, and shoot every bow from every maker that fits your price. You WILL feel the difference between bows, so let the live fire testing determine which you buy. No online reviews, user recommendations, spec sheets, etc etc will be able to tell you which bow will feel best in your hand, and resultantly shoot the best for you.

Side note: I'd love to hear specifically why you say you won't buy another Diamond?

Jbergy 08-07-2013 10:19 PM

Diamonds in my opinion are very hard on your strings. All my customers that shoot diamond bows replace their strings and cables at least twice a year. Their draw stop is what wears on them, it's a design flaw!