Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree stands

Old 07-31-2013, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

Lock-ons: both Rivers Edge and Gorilla have a lock-on that has an adjustable floating seat, that are very comfortable. The Rivers Edge is going to be heavier, but probably less expensive. Ol'Man also makes a very comfortable lock-on, that has a mesh seat. On private ground, where you can leave a stand up, go with the lock-on and climbing stick. Use climbing sticks with opposing steps (dual steps). This makes it easier to stand on the stick, while doing the work you need to hang a stand.

As far as climbers go, all the brands out there these days are relatively good and light weight. I personally use an API Grand Slam.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

I have my lone wolf hand climber for many years now, works great. very quiet to set up and climb tree. but i prefer nice stand to crawl into i still have my old API stands and still use Grizzly screw in steps and take the last 4/5 steps out for mental peace of mind. don't forget your safety harness! Good luck this season hope you get a nice one!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Summit is the only way to go when your life hangs in the balance, literally.