Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree stands

Old 07-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Spike

Default Tree stands

Ok so this is going to be my first year bowhunting, and I am thinking about getting a tree stand. I want to know what you guys would suggest. I am thinking about either a hang on or a climber. I am going to be hunting public land and private land. ( I will usually have to take the stand in and out of the woods each day.) I will also be sitting for the most of the day, so it needs to comfortable. I also don't have a ton of money to spend. Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

I'd get a muddy hang on/lock on stand with climbing sticks
Old 07-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

If you have to take it down every day go with a climber. You have to find the right tree to climb, but you don't have to deal with hanging sticks and the stand every day.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Spike

Yeah the only thing about a climber is there cant be many branches and the tree has to be straight. I have to do a bit more scouting to make sure that there are enough decent trees.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jakeman3327
Yeah the only thing about a climber is there cant be many branches and the tree has to be straight. I have to do a bit more scouting to make sure that there are enough decent trees.
Thats what I do. I scout out a good spot and use reflective tacks to mark my trees.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Spike

Do you have any recommendations?
Old 07-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

There are more climber accessible trees in the woods than u might think. I can honestly say that there are very few instances that I cannot hunt from a climber due to a lack of climbable trees.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:21 AM
Spike

I personally prefer a light hang on stand and 3 sections of the hang on climbing sticks. Lone wolf is what I recomend.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

I use a climber, I've never not hunted because I couldn't find a tree, but there are times I haven't been able to find a tree to hunt the set up I wanted to. In my opinion, if you don't have to move the stand during season, you can't beat the comfort of a ladder stand.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:38 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by jakeman3327
Ok so this is going to be my first year bowhunting, and I am thinking about getting a tree stand. I want to know what you guys would suggest. I am thinking about either a hang on or a climber. I am going to be hunting public land and private land. ( I will usually have to take the stand in and out of the woods each day.) I will also be sitting for the most of the day, so it needs to comfortable. I also don't have a ton of money to spend. Thanks in advance for any input.
I started with a summit viper (climber) and still use the summit brand. Any other brand seems wierd because I am so used to the summit. I tried a lone wolf stand and ended up taking it back, it just didn't feel right. Climbers are very nice now days and some are pretty lightweight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.