Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoyt no longer impresses me >

Hoyt no longer impresses me

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt no longer impresses me

Old 09-25-2003, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hoyt no longer impresses me

Maybe some of you Hoyt owners can tell me different, or at least I hope you can. Here' s my deal. I bought a used 2000 Hoyt magnatec for $100 from a guy desperate for $. I only bought it because I know this bow went for around $500 new with the hoyt package, and I could use a backup bow. Now the bow' s draw was too long for me, it was set at 29" on the shortest loop spot on the cam. I knew this when I looked it over, and would have to drop the draw to 27" to fit me. I figured knowing Hoyt' s a good company I shouldn' t have much of a problem getting a replacement cam, and harness for it. I took the bow into a local Hoyt dealer on a Sat. explained the situation, and they immediately told me Hoyt is terrible on getting parts for their older equipment, because they hold onto older parts for warranty work. But they' d contact them on Monday. 1 1/2wks later Hoyt gets back to them informing the dealer they don' t have any redline cams to sell for that bow. After the dealer contacted me I said well what about fitting another cam onto it or even a wheel, something. Dealer said good idea I' ll call Hoyt back. They did, and Hoyt said its not possible w/o severly changing the bows poundage or replacing the limbs as well. It has the xt-2000 limbs on it now. They suggested I come pick it up, and sell it.
So I was just curious has any other Hoyt owners ever experienced this or maybe the dealer is blowing smoke up my butt. The dealer is well known in the area, and several of my friends go to them, they deal in just Hoyt & Mathews.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-25-2003, 11:02 PM

Default RE: Hoyt no longer impresses me

Head right over to the archerytalk.com free classifieds and ask there. I bet you find some cams within the week.