Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rubber Boots Yes/No Why/What >

Rubber Boots Yes/No Why/What

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rubber Boots Yes/No Why/What

Old 09-25-2003, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rubber Boots Yes/No Why/What

This will be my first year hunting with rubber boots. I have a nother question for anyone reading this. I bought a pair of Rocky Buckstalkers with 1000 Grams of Thinsulate. How are these when it' s really cold out. How about snow on the ground, can I wear them in very cold temps and not worry about freezing my feet off.

J
Old 09-25-2003, 07:56 AM

I also have the buckstalkers and they are great. very warm and comfortable. I wear them all winter with no problems. Oh in upper Wisconsin by the way.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

My opinion is yes. I think rubber boots are better for bowhuntin. they don' t leave the scent as leather boots do. I wear the burly 800' rds.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

I use rubber boots extensivley for bow hunting, not only for the scent protection but here in the south during bow season the water is still pretty high and lots of red bugs and ticks. Without the use of rubber boots hunting access would be very limited. Currently using Rocky but IMO LaCrosse would be a better choice.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Lacrosse Burlys for me.I have a few different pairs for different temps.I buy mine a size larger for extra socks to help with cooler temps.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:52 AM

I definitely say yes. I always wear them. And better yet this year I just bought the new Lacrosse Burley Alfa' s. These boots are so comfortable and light its amazing. You cant beat rubber boots for crossing swamps or creeks. I also have a pair of Lacrosse 1200 thinsulate rubber boots for cold weather..
Old 09-25-2003, 08:57 AM

HOw is it everyone says rubber boots don' t hold scent. Go out to some farmers place and put your nose up to his rubber boots (if you can). I seem to remember my boots stayed out of the house for a reason.

I have a buddy who wears rubber boots, and puts fox urine on them for cover scent. He leaves them in the back of his truck because they stink.

What kind of magic rubber are you using?
Old 09-25-2003, 09:13 AM

Short-range,

I agree on the scent thing. I wear leather for walking comfort and rubber for weather protection. They both stink.

My beagles can follow my trail on a full run, whether I wear rubber or leather. They have absolutely no problem smelling either. I would guess a bucks nose must be somewhat equivelent to a beagle' s ability to smell.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:18 AM

yes , when ever I am hunting I will Only wear rubber boots. Mine are LaCross and they are also snake proof which is a big plus !
Old 09-25-2003, 09:44 AM

Another vote for Lacrosse Burlys. I liked mine so much, I bought a spare pair in case one gets wet. Warm, a little on the heavy side, but overall the best boot I have run across. In hot weather, I wear Lacross Grange (uninsulated).

Quick Reply: Rubber Boots Yes/No Why/What

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.