Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I was wrong!

Old 09-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default I was wrong!

All you Mathews shooters, boy was I wrong. Got my new LX today and it is the sweetest shooting machine that I have ever shot. Sorry Hoyt but I' m a changed man.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:29 AM

Default RE: I was wrong!

Welcome to the darkside !!
Really though......the LX is the best shooting bow I personally have ever shot .......I think your going to enjoy it !! The d@mn string will stretch though, so keep an eye on it !!
Old 09-24-2003, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

Yep... Mathews are sweet shooting bows... I bought something else and was hating life all last year, and I picked up the Legacy this year and man is it Nice... I am so happy...
Old 09-24-2003, 10:27 AM

smart move.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:32 AM

welcome to the family! i love my legacy and by the sounds of it everyone seems to be loving the new LX. my roommate has a hoyt and i shot it, i hate it. recoil, loud and everything else u don' t want out of a bow......but i am glad to see you put out the money for a good bow
Old 09-24-2003, 01:56 PM

great move!! I am on my 3rd Mathews, the Legacy and love it. Mathews makes a great bow and I have never had a problem with one.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:11 PM

I' ve owned Bowtechs,Parkers,and Mathews.I' ve shot,Hoyts,PSE,Dartons,Martins,A-Rs,and a bunch of off the shelf brands.Save your money,and buy the best...Mathews...and you' ll save money in the long run.It' s sort of like the guy that buys a Honda instead of the Harley,just cause he did' nt want to spend the extra money,but everytime he sees or hears one,he wished he had...Bob
Old 09-24-2003, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

my roommate has a hoyt and i shot it, i hate it. recoil, loud and everything else u don' t want out of a bow

What Hoyt bow did you shoot that was so terrible? Why is it when I hear Mathews owners bashing bows it is always directed towards Hoyt? It seems to me you are making a general assumption of all of Hoyt bows from shooting just one. It is of my opinion you could take a brand new mathews bow a brand new model you have never before saw, stick Hoyt emblems on it instead of mathews emblems and give it to a Hoyt basher. I would be willing to bet they would hate it. recoil, loud and everything else you don' t want out of a bow. Then give them the same bow with the mathews emblems and then it is the fastest, smoothest, most quiet and forgiving bow ever made. Why do you think Mathews ads always try to bash on Hoyt? If Mathews believed their bow was that much better than the cam 1/2 it is my opinion they wouldn' t have spent so much money trying to bash it in the magazines. I just don' t understand the mathews ego that some (not all) of its shooters have. Just my opinion on the matter.

I do agree Mathews makes a fine bow but so does almost every other major bow manufacturer.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:09 PM
pup

i dont want to pick a fight but i think buckeye hit the nail on the head this time way to stand up to those hoyt bashers buckeye
Old 09-24-2003, 03:26 PM

great move!! I am on my 3rd Mathews, the Legacy and love it. Mathews makes a great bow and I have never had a problem with one.
If they are so great, why have you needed three of them?

I think that the best bow out there is the one that you feel comfortable with and that you can hit what you aim at. If you cant hit jack with a 300 dollar bow, most likely a $500+ bow isnt gonna help much. Just shoot what you have and sit on your hands when you see something on this forum about a mathews if you have to. No need to bash ANY brand. If mathews(or any brand) are THE best, why isnt EVERYONE shooting them? Why havnt they put other brands out of business.....hmmmm Just stop the bashing yall, it does no good to you or any others saying that this brand sucks or that brand is better than that one. My hats off to buckey also...

Quick Reply: I was wrong!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.