Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many hunt alone? >

How many hunt alone?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many hunt alone?

Old 09-23-2003, 01:23 PM

Default How many hunt alone?

How many hunt alone?

I prefer to deer hunt with one partner but this year I' ll be bowhunting alone some of the time. Might have to call the wife if I need help dragging one out!
Old 09-23-2003, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: How many hunt alone?

I hunt with my father-in-law when he decides to go, which is not often anymore, and my brotherinlaw some. But I hunt alone a lot, less scent in the area. Just make sure your loved ones know where you are going in case something happens.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:44 PM

I hunt alone also, and agree with Cougar, Make sure someone knows where you' re going. I take my cell phone with me also, in case I am injured but still conscious. It is also nice to call your hunting buddies immediately after getting one- to rub it in and ask for help dragging it out .
Old 09-23-2003, 01:46 PM

It depends sometimes i hunt alone or sometimes i am with friends. But it always a good idea to let someone know you are there.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe this was asked somewhere else but I always deer hunt alone and go pheasant hunting with with my wife.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:53 PM

The majority of my archery season is alone. I do hunt a few saturdays w/ my dad.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:01 PM

I always try to hunt with somebody else. But if I can' t find anybody to go with me then I will go by myself. I let someone know exactly where I am going to be just in case something happens
Old 09-23-2003, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Usually I am alone... But I would must rather be hunting with some friends and family enjoying the whole experiense...
Old 09-23-2003, 02:27 PM

90% of the time I am alone - and like it that way[:-]

Don' t need anyone else messing up what I can mess up all on my own
Old 09-23-2003, 02:36 PM

It' s probably a 50/50 split for me. Weekday' s I' m on my own, and the weekends I hunt with my two buddies. It is nicer to share the day' s events with my hunting bud' s though. That way, we get to see who can lie better than the other guy. From a logistical standpoint, we hunt different areas of the the farm, and this has worked to our benefit I believe. We are not fouling each other up, but the real benefit comes from having three sets of eyes looking around the different areas. There have been many times when we will change setups because of what the other guy is seeing. A common gameplan change we employ will be to set up two guys closer to each than normal because of deer movement patterns. This has worked out great. Deer hunting can sometimes be a team sport even though you are on stand alone.

Quick Reply: How many hunt alone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.