Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Suggestions please >

Suggestions please

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Suggestions please

Old 09-23-2003, 10:48 AM

Default Suggestions please

Trying to fine tune for next wednesday. The 4 arrows on the right are field tips, the 2 on the left are Muzzys, a 4 blade and a 3 blade with practice blades. I shot 2 field tips then a broadhead then 2 FTs and then the other broadhead. This seems to be tipical. The BHs hit about 3" to the left. What would you do? Move sight to sight in the BHs or just compensate when aiming, or something else?
Thanks
Good Luck!

Old 09-23-2003, 11:09 AM

Default RE: Suggestions please

Looks like you are hitting a little low and left with your BHs. But the group looks great. Some suggestions-

1. move your sight and then resight in at many distances. IF OK don' t sweat it Go hunting.
2. Paper tune again, make sure you are right on. If not adjust, re test.
3. Long shot but spin test your arrows. If the BHs wobble then adjust and retest.
3. If this pic was from 90 yards, You rock go hunting!

PS good job practicing with your BHs before season!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like your broadheads are grouping well so i would just adjust my sight to get the broadheads hitting where you want them and go hunting.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:27 AM

This is just me but I like foe my BH' s to hit where I aim. I don' t want to have to worry about compensating for anything. So , I would adjust the sights.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

If I were you...I would start all over again. You might as well just go get a new bow, new sights, new arrows, new filed tips and broadheads etc etc. Then get it all set up, paper tune it...make adjustments....paper tune again, just in case. Then get everything all sighted in.

Actually, I think you should re-sight your current bow to how your broadheads are hitting. It looks like your hitting em pretty well. Adjust to your broadhoads and good luck in a week and a day (who' s counting right)
Old 09-23-2003, 12:16 PM

It looks good to me, you might have a little difference in the tips you are using (field or broad head) thats ok, Fields tips give you a great idea on where your broad heads are going to hit, but you still need to do some teaking to get it just right. Thats why you should always shoot with your braod heads before you walk into the woods.

Old 09-23-2003, 12:52 PM

Were these all shot from the same angle? If so it would appear that ther is some problem w/ the flight. Check for head wobble, I like to align my blades and fletching( I get better groups, maybe mental?!!) , if these are good then I would paper tune , if that' s good then move sights. I shoot Wasp Hammer SST' s and have them hitting same as field tips and shoot groups almost as tight with them too! Hope this helps
Old 09-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

I' m with twig... The angle doesn' t seem right, and if they have that much tail whip at whatever distance you were shooting from they will different tail whip further away or closer... I would make sure that the arrows are flying true, all the arrows should be facing the same direction out of the target...

As for your question I Always sight my bow in for my Broadheads... I dont even put my field tips on after I sight in my BH... Strickly Hunting as far as that goes...
Old 09-23-2003, 03:04 PM

Were these all shot from the same angle?
Not exactly. After I pull the arrows from the target, I will throw them ahead and they stick in the grass. Where they land is where I shoot them from. The one FT that is askew hit the nock of the arrow just above it. I will check it out though and shoot some paper tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2003, 04:49 PM

Here' s a couple things you might want to check. Hope it helps.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...ght=hillbillys

http://www.eastonarchery.com/downloads/

of course, grouping as well as you are, maybe you should be writing some of the above instead of reading it.
Godd Luck

Quick Reply: Suggestions please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.