Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Fastest Hunt Ever? >

Fastest Hunt Ever?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fastest Hunt Ever?

Old 07-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Spike

Would hitting a buck with a pickup on the way to camp on openig morning count? Lol!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stickem50
Would hitting a buck with a pickup on the way to camp on openig morning count? Lol!
I have had some narrow misses doing that! One was one of our target bucks running across a field towards one of our stands! I saw him up CLOSE and would have been super mad if I hit him with the SUV rather than an arrow. I know it will eventually happen when I hit one heading out to hunt just hope its not anytime soon!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Two years ago I cimbed into my stand, pulled my bow up, and a 7 point stepped out. I shot him and he piled up about twenty yards away. I had missed a call while climbing into the stand, and looked at the time right after the buck had piled up and it was one minute. So that hunt was less than a minute! Probably won't beat that ever
-Jake
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opening morning for gun season two years ago walked to a stand on my buddies property where he shot a nice 10 pointer that morning. Got up set my pack down put a cap on my ML heard a noise to my left. Two does walked by and I took aim at the biggest one and droped her. About 10 minutes and I had meat in the freezer. Fastest hunt for me so far.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like several others already posted .... about no time, if you don't count getting into the area. Has happened a few times to me in 50 years or so ... just about like this one in winter of 2004. I say 10 seconds. Slipped into the edge of a food plot where I had planned to sit the remainder of the day .... just in case something might be in the field early. Nada but saw a big 9 pt. bedded up in along the opposite side from me, facing the woods. One shot right at the joining of the back of his neck/shoulders ... never stood up. Done and back at camp in 30 minutes or so.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Dominant Buck

I hunted where they're over run with deer. So that isn't a big deal. One of my favorite times was sitting inside my friends dalapidated shed. I had a doe walk 5' from the opening and I drilled her. Then another stepped into her spot and stopped. I reloaded and drilled it. Then another stepped in the spot and I reloaded and drilled it. Then on more did it so I drilled it. I ran out of deer at the same time I ran out of arrows. Lol. All from 5' away. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

This year that spot should be good again. The state finished the highway they we putting in so the deer should be back to their normal pattern.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

Doe season 2007..slept in, parked my truck at 8am, walked maybe ten yards into the woods and there were 3 doe feeding broadside with in 30 yards. Knocked an arrow, pulled back and i let it fly.. took maybe 30 seconds.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:08 AM
Spike

October 1st 2007. Climbed into my stand at 3:30 pm and saw a buck headed my way. Pulled my bow up, took the quiver off, nocked an arrow and the buck walked in front of me. I shot and he ran about 30 yards and fell over. Total time of 4 minutes.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

On the first day of the season Oct 1 in 2010 in Indiana. I got in the stand at 5:30 am, at the very first light I shot an 11 point buck at and was like YES!!!! Then realized my buck season was over for the year......... LOL....
Old 07-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

My fastest hunt was my very first deer ever. I didn't even make it to the stand. I was about 50 yards from my stand. I was walking along my path and I look over to see a doe staring at me 30 yards away broadside. The first year I ever started archery I just used my fingers, well before season started I began using a release.. Well it just so happens I forgot my release at home so I used my fingers that hunt, missed the first shot on the doe. But got a second shot off and right through the heart it went.

The fastest hunt while being in the stand was maybe 5-10 minutes. Just got up the tree, bag settled in and bow pulled up when I looked to the east and saw a buck walking my way. I dont know if I wasn't mentally prepared yet or what but I made a shoulder shot and couldn't find him. 2 weeks later I get this picture..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.