Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer hunting superstitions >

Deer hunting superstitions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer hunting superstitions

Old 09-23-2003, 02:10 PM

Default RE: Deer hunting superstitions

congrats GSU , I have a hat that I think I have to wear every time I go hunting. I wore it 6 times last year and killed 6 bucks. So , I guess that it is king of lucky.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:47 PM

What' s really helped me over the years is, I never, ever, go to my stand without a bow or a rifle. Funny, it just seems to help.

Oh yeah, I don' t wash my underwear either! []
Old 09-23-2003, 05:53 PM

sometimes while on the way to hunting land I' ll listen to charlie daniels " Devil went down to Georgia" I just remember that from when I was little going to the hunting property its kinda stuck with me
Old 09-23-2003, 11:30 PM

I know it may sound stupid, but I wait till a week or two before the season......Then when I get in one of those really pumped up EXTREME ' hunting moods' I always put a rubber band on my arm to remind me of that mood that I am in. I will leave it there until my first deer of the year is down!! Usually, by then the thing is all dirty and brittle anyway . Everytime I lose focus of my goal, I will look at it, and remember my mood. Sometimes I' ll even flip myself to help get out of my nice warm cozy bed on those frigid mornings!! Sounds crazy but it really helps....I guess its a mind thing.

This all started a long time ago when I was a kid. I used to get tickled every time i got to order something from the Cabelas book....So one time the day before I went hunting, I opened a box (I forget what was in it) and there was a rubber band there and subconciously I slipped it on my arm. I then forgot about it and went to bed to rest up for the hunt. The very next morning, I harvested my very first deer!!! Every since then I have a weird habbit of doing that! Its kinda funny cause 90 percent of all my trophy photos you can see the band on my arm.