HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Muzzys or rages? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/379630-muzzys-rages.html)

bowtech life 03-05-2013 09:15 AM

Muzzys or rages?

i am sick of the mechanical failures with my rages and i keep losing deer with them so i am strictly muzzys now

bowtech life 03-05-2013 09:34 AM

if it was up to me they never would have made rages

Alex G. 03-05-2013 11:10 AM

GRpers

GrimReapers!

Savage Sniper 03-05-2013 12:17 PM

welcome to the club.

CamoCandaceQOC 03-05-2013 05:14 PM

I am a muzzy girl :) I use the phantom 2-blades though; better penatration with lower draw weight. Heck even my dog's name is Muzzy!

Too bad Rage (or their counterparts) bought out Muzzy :( sad day. They also bought out Nockturnals and I have definitely seen failure in those that I never have before.

VTBoneCollector 03-05-2013 05:24 PM

I shot Muzzy 100's for years and then switched to Rage broadheads when they first came out. I've lost only one deer sense and that was because my string hit my jacket that I didn't have zipped up. And I have bagged at least one deer a year with my bow, but usually two go down to the rage broadhead. Not sure what your issue is but could it be that your bow isn't paper tuned or your shooting the wrong arrows? Causing you to have bad arrow flight. Or maybe you need to shoot more or try sighting in your bow with the practice broadhead that's in the package. No matter what broadhead you shoot, if the shot placement is poor, then the odds of you recovering your deer decrease. Just saying.

Wilcam47 03-05-2013 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by VTBoneCollector (Post 4040709)
I shot Muzzy 100's for years and then switched to Rage broadheads when they first came out. I've lost only one deer sense and that was because my string hit my jacket that I didn't have zipped up. And I have bagged at least one deer a year with my bow, but usually two go down to the rage broadhead. Not sure what your issue is but could it be that your bow isn't paper tuned or your shooting the wrong arrows? Causing you to have bad arrow flight. Or maybe you need to shoot more or try sighting in your bow with the practice broadhead that's in the package. No matter what broadhead you shoot, if the shot placement is poor, then the odds of you recovering your deer decrease. Just saying.

I used rage 2 blades and if they werent locked properly they could cause problems. Ive only lost one deer with the rage...it was a bad shot on my part as the arrow got stuck above the spine...but didnt leave any blood...the rest have all gone down within 50yds with the rage.
Now I live in a state where you cant use mechanical broadheads so I have muzzy's on the arrows...I killed a big doe this season with muzzy she went down within 40yds...

deernutz 03-06-2013 08:58 AM

I used rage for a little bit. Got tired of the blades coming loose in the stand. I shot one buck with it. It did it's job, but I have switched back to muzzy 100's.

AR Bowhunter 03-07-2013 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Alex G. (Post 4040589)
GrimReapers!

Yep that would be my choice.

bowtech life 03-07-2013 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by AR Bowhunter (Post 4041102)
Yep that would be my choice.

ya grim reapers dont really fail i like them but muzzys are still my favorite now