Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Are they worth the money? >

Are they worth the money?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are they worth the money?

Old 02-24-2013, 04:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Are they worth the money?

Need new arrows. I was at my pro shop looking and was going to go with the ics bowhunter 340s but saw the maxima blue streak 340s they are alot more money. Are they worth it? I liked the color of them because in color blind but blue is much easier for me to see
Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Or even more expensive arrows in general such as the gold tips or fmjs?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I currently shoot Gold Tip 5575 shafts. I find them to be a good arrow that doesn't break the bank. Now, If I were to start from scratch and buy a new dozen shafts and money wasn't an object I would get myself some Carbon Express Maxima Hunter KVs or Maxima Blue Streak Express. Remember most of the time you get what you pay for but not necessarily all the time.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:00 AM
Spike

I've got some Carbon Express Maxima Hunter KV's for sale. It's the shaft, knock, knock collar and insert (not fletched) for $125 TYD. They are the 350 spine weight. They are brand new, uncut, and in the original packaging. I bought 2 dozen and want to unload these. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:07 AM
MR2
Spike

Take a good look at Black Eagle Arrows www.blackeaglearrows.com They are great arrows from a new company out of Georgia.

Last edited by MR2; 02-27-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

to answer your question, i dont think that the blue steaks are worth the price. while the ics hunters a great arrow, i would recommend finding a medium between the hunters and blue streaks. this what i did and went with the beman ics hunter pro's. i am happy with my choice.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you're color blind, then I'd pick up arrows that I can find. Losing cheap arrows is more expensive than buying expensive arrows. You might consider adding wraps that you can see to improve your arrow recovery.

Here's how I feel about arrows...

How often do you buy arrows? It is NOT just a myth that better arrows generally stay straight and stable LONGER (i.e. the arrow life is longer) than cheaper arrows. If you are a guy that doesn't shoot very often, and resultantly doesn't buy arrows very often, then splurging a little and buying higher quality arrows really isn't going to hurt you.

On the other hand, if you're a guy that shoots a lot, you're wearing out arrows quickly. Guys that do this usually have a reason for shooting such high volume, i.e. they shoot competitions. In that case, then you will quickly discover that the extra price is worth it to get the best flying, most repeatable arrows.

OR, if you're a high volume shooter that just likes to go out in the back yard and kill haybales for something to do, just like a high volume rifle shooter, then all you need is a cheap plinking arrow that flies well enough to meet your expectations.

I personally shoot GoldTip Velocity XT 300's, run me about $10 a shaft for my Destroyer, and Gold Tip XT Hunter 7595's for my Monster, and I go through about a half dozen of each a year just wearing them out. They stay straight for a LOT of shots, they meet my needs for accuracy, straightness, velocity, gpi, so I don't mind spending the money. I lose a lot more arrows than I wear out, but that's what I get for trying to call coyotes to a bow!

I figure if I buy a new dozen arrows a year, that's about $10-15 a month, so skip a couple trips to McDonald's each month, or skip a couple packs of cigarettes here and there, use the coupons at the grocery store, etc. My trick: I have a cabelas credit card that I pay my monthly bills with each month, the cabelas cash rewards back pays for my arrows pretty easily.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Easton Epics, cheap and just as good as the more expensive names.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

The blue streaks will be a good arrow. They have replaced the non-camo maximas in carbon express's line up. I have been shooting the non camo maximas for around 5 years now and have been very pleased with them. I have never found a need for camo colored arrows. They just look cool to the shooter and cost more. Just IMO. HD.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Spike

Carbon express makes a great arrow, I shot the Maxima Hunters for years with great luck. The last two years I have been using the Gold Tip Expedition Hunters IMO they are just as strong but a lot cheaper in price.....both great arrows though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.