Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Number of whitetails taken by bow over 200"? >

Number of whitetails taken by bow over 200"?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Number of whitetails taken by bow over 200"?

Old 02-16-2013, 10:12 AM
  #1  
Fork Horn
Thread Starter
 
Ohiobuck25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location:
Posts: 250
Default Number of whitetails taken by bow over 200"?

Does anyone know how many whitetails have been taken by bow (vertical bow) that have netted over 200"? All-time amount in Ohio and or North America for that matter.
Ohiobuck25 is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM
  #2  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ohio
Posts: 637
Default

you will never know an accurate answer as there are just to mnay people who do not have their deer recorded.
snapper1982 is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 03:48 PM
  #3  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,834
Default

Originally Posted by snapper1982 View Post
you will never know an accurate answer as there are just to mnay people who do not have their deer recorded.
I am one of those people. I have a 207-13/16ths 14pt whitetail and at the time an 1-3/8ths short world record Catalina Ram at home that have not seen the books. They were scored by 2 official scorers that came within 1/2" each. He has several others here that keep him company of the "over 160" club. God bless Southern Illinois!!!!

Last edited by SecondChance; 02-27-2013 at 09:02 PM.
SecondChance is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 04:02 PM
  #4  
Fork Horn
Thread Starter
 
Ohiobuck25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location:
Posts: 250
Default

Congrats second chance on your 200"er! Certainly a once in a lifetime deer! I know there will always be deer out there that are not entered in the record books, but for any of you out there who owns a P&Y record book, my original question still stands.
Ohiobuck25 is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 05:03 PM
  #5  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,834
Default

Originally Posted by Ohiobuck25 View Post
Congrats second chance on your 200"er! Certainly a once in a lifetime deer! I know there will always be deer out there that are not entered in the record books, but for any of you out there who owns a P&Y record book, my original question still stands.
I mis-read the question. I appologize for the wrong answer to your question.
SecondChance is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 06:24 PM
  #6  
Nontypical Buck
 
fastetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,462
Default

Originally Posted by SecondChance View Post
I am one of those people. I have a 207-13/16ths 14pt whitetail and at the time an 1-3/8ths short world record Catalina Ram at home that have not seen the books. They were scored by 2 official scorers that came within 1/2" each. He has several others that keep him company of the "over 160" club. God bless Southern Illinois!!!!
Hey Second Chance, where do you hunt in Southern Illinois? Hunted near Carbondale when I was in school at SIU and try to make it back down for gun season every few years in Williamson/Saline county area. There are some big bucks roaming down there!
fastetti is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 06:26 PM
  #7  
Nontypical Buck
 
fastetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,462
Default

And for my guess, I'd say over 10,000 in the United States. There are a lot of people who don't get them officially measured.
fastetti is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 09:43 AM
  #8  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,834
Default

Originally Posted by fastetti View Post
Hey Second Chance, where do you hunt in Southern Illinois? Hunted near Carbondale when I was in school at SIU and try to make it back down for gun season every few years in Williamson/Saline county area. There are some big bucks roaming down there!
I hunt many counties. I have hunted around John A Logan and the back side of Crab Orchard refuge many times. That and Rend Lake area as well. I took a 160-165" 12pt this past Nov. when it was so friggin hot. Was out of the truck less than 20 minutes!!! 5pm.
I hunt Pike, Clinton, Bond, St. Clair, Pulaski, Jefferson, Johnson and Union for the most part.
Keeps the local tire dealer inviting me to his christmas party each year!!!!!!

Last edited by SecondChance; 02-21-2013 at 09:47 AM.
SecondChance is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 03:27 PM
  #9  
Nontypical Buck
 
fastetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,462
Default

Man, I used to walk those woods by John A Logan all the time. I think it was just East of Logan and across 13 from it. Our "Honey Hole" for Rabbits, Dove and Quail was across from Logan. I wasn't into deer hunting as much back then but we saw some mighty nice bucks back there. We also hunted the back end of crab too. With some walking there was some great area back there. We would hunt even during Deer gun season and all the time during bow season and rarely came across anyone Bow hunting. I think if I ever had to public Gun hunt again I'd try and draw crab. If its like it was 14 years ago with a little work and walking there were some big deer there. Glad to hear about the 160", thats a great buck, public or private!
fastetti is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 PM
  #10  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,834
Default

Originally Posted by fastetti View Post
Man, I used to walk those woods by John A Logan all the time. I think it was just East of Logan and across 13 from it. Our "Honey Hole" for Rabbits, Dove and Quail was across from Logan. I wasn't into deer hunting as much back then but we saw some mighty nice bucks back there. We also hunted the back end of crab too. With some walking there was some great area back there. We would hunt even during Deer gun season and all the time during bow season and rarely came across anyone Bow hunting. I think if I ever had to public Gun hunt again I'd try and draw crab. If its like it was 14 years ago with a little work and walking there were some big deer there. Glad to hear about the 160", thats a great buck, public or private!
We use a boat on Rend and Crab alot to access many areas. Takes alot of walking out. Get to places that you don't/won't see anyone the whole weekend there. We camp a lot of times just to keep from running in and out.
SecondChance is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.