Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
No Deer Again!!!!! >

No Deer Again!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No Deer Again!!!!!

Old 01-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default Yep.....

Originally Posted by GRIZZLYMAN
I'm still seeing deer. I was out this weekend in Arkansas on the lease and saw a couple on Saturday and a couple yesterday, including the biggest buck I have seen in many years on this lease. I saw him the first time three weeks ago and couldn't get a shot on him either time. He still has his head gear, but I don't know for how much longer. I'm going back in a couple of weeks and hopefully he will show up again, in bow range.
Arkansas rut goes from North to south in that state. The late rut in the south should be slowing right now. TR Michaels wrote a nice piece on the rut in Arkansas, he posts here from time to time. Arkansas rut is very unique when compared to the rest of the U.S.

Last edited by tight360; 01-21-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

When we had that snow here I saw them in daylight. Then ML season came and the snow melted and not a single daylight sighting since. Maybe this cold snap with a little snow coming down again will bring them back out in the daylight.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tight360
Arkansas rut goes from North to south in that state. The late rut in the south should be slowing right now. TR Michaels wrote a nice piece on the rut in Arkansas, he posts here from time to time. Arkansas rut is very unique when compared to the rest of the U.S.
You can't get too much further south in Arkansas than where I hunt. My leases are about five miles from the Ark-La border. North and south Arkansas are completely different, as you say, in a lot of things when it comes to deer hunting.

I hunt South Texas in February for Javelina and always see bucks with their head gear still on, even in the later part of the month, and they are still chasing.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

too many homeowners feeding them.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default Arkansas....

Originally Posted by GRIZZLYMAN
You can't get too much further south in Arkansas than where I hunt. My leases are about five miles from the Ark-La border. North and south Arkansas are completely different, as you say, in a lot of things when it comes to deer hunting.

I hunt South Texas in February for Javelina and always see bucks with their head gear still on, even in the later part of the month, and they are still chasing.
I attended a small University down there waaaaay back in the day straight out of High School. HSU in Clark county, I still own a little cabin on 22 acres south of Arkadelphia next to IP land (built that in '92). Normally we leave here right after New Years day and stay until last week of FEB Bow Hunting, this year I'm too busy with the business to go. I'm missing it already. We wanted to retire down there, but forget those 102 degree summers, we'll just keep going back and forth.

Last edited by tight360; 01-30-2013 at 09:06 AM.