Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Worst hunting trip of my life. >

Worst hunting trip of my life.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Worst hunting trip of my life.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

I watched a doe come in on Nov. 3 this year for 45 minutes. By the time I got a shot I was so cold I could not pull the string back. It is way different in cold than shooting several arrows per minute and staying loose.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

It happens to the best of us. Missing.

When your traveling a distance like that, you should always shoot your bow to make sure its still on. Give it a good inspection.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 AM
LT.
Spike

I have bow hunted for quite a few years. Missed more than my share of animals because i get super shakey with exicitement. I would not be too upset with your hunt. Hell, you were out hunting, saw plenty of animals, and you were not at work. Sounds like a pretty good trip to me. Harvesting an animal would be the icing on the cake but, still not bad.

LT.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you recall your release being stiffer than it normally is when you shot at the doe? I had that happen one time to me an it was because my release was almost froze up.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Yea, tell us about your.....

long and trying practice sessions? They must be something.