Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need a bright flashlight >

Need a bright flashlight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a bright flashlight

Old 09-18-2003, 07:54 AM

Default Need a bright flashlight

Alright here' s the story. One of my hunting partners gets spooked really easy. He seems to think that if he has a bright flashlight he will be ok. So, I' m looking for a smaller(just not the spotlight kind) hand carry or even head strap kind of flashlight that is really bright. Any recommendations?
Thanks!
Old 09-18-2003, 08:10 AM

Default RE: Need a bright flashlight

Sometimes big thing come in little packages.

That is what comes to mind NOW. I got this light for a sponsorship at an National Wild Turkey Federation Banquet.

Everyone was laughing about it, did not think much about it. Well let me shed some light on you with this Safety Green LED glow Streamlight Stylus

The nice problem that I have is we have so much turkeys and deer on the property we hunt it is hard not to spook them walking in before daylight.

Youth season I have to use a flashlight so that the my young 8 year old son will feel comfortable walking in the dark to the blind.

But we have spooked birds in the past doing this. This year I had this light and my Turkey Vest had a place for a pen so it fit nicely and thought the green might not be as bad.

First time out WOW had it hanging around my neck turned it on and we had plenty of light for us both to walk by.

Now my season came around had roosted some birds close. But thought they were farther away than I thought. Walked in right under the tree a nice 3 year old gobbler was roosting in. Put the decoy' s out using the light and sat down. It was only to my amazement when he started gobbling 40 yards away on how much I appreciated this light.

But it does not stop there. I now hang this light in my truck when the boy needs to find something in the floor board or if I need a handy flashlight.

We even used this light to go fishing one night with three young kids. I was great could still see and did not draw the bugs in.

Also at the same Resort we had been fishing in I had the light sitting on the nightstand and we are on the fourth floor of the Resort. I wanted to see how far out it would shine. Just lit up the ground 40 feet below.

This will be my main hunting and fishing light for a long time to come.

Can' t wait to try it out during deer season.

I also will buy more for my family to use also.

Remember

Sometimes big thing come in little packages.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

I' ve got several of the 2AA Mini-mags. I am never without one in each pocket, with spare bulbs always in place in the holder below the batteries.

If your buddy is really a chicken, my 4 cell D Maglight is very bright, and can double as a pretty effective club.

Jeff...U.P. of Michigan
Old 09-18-2003, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Horntagger... What is the name of this light and where can I get one...??
Old 09-18-2003, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry.... Found it...

http://www.copquest.com/10-2270.htm
Old 09-18-2003, 09:54 AM

Safety Green LED glow Streamlight Stylus.

About- Bass Pro, Cabelas, Link above about anyplace.

Streamlight®, Inc.
30 Eagleville Road
Eagleville, Pa. 19403
1-800-523-7488
www.streamlight.com

Old 09-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bought two they have the name energizer on them ,they are 7" long .Grey,Look like two tubes side by side uses 4 aaa batteries. Guess they are made by eveready I think I paid 5$ ea. Could be some kind of halogen bulb.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:11 AM

Mini-mag light or 2 " D" cell mag light. Either works fine and will pack away easily into a fanny pack or back pack. The Stylus looks like a pen light and is supposed to be very bright.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:57 PM

Horntagger,

You are getting that much light from the little pen light, not the slightly bigger ones? That is pretty impressive, may have to pick one up. I always thought bigger was better, but why lug around the extra weigh.

Thanks
Old 09-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a good price on the LED light! It will make a nice Christmas gift to give to someone in two and a half months from now! My addres is....LOL! I will buy some for me and my 2 brothers. Maybe another for my wife to keep in her purse!

Now for the original question. If your buddy really wants a bright flashlight, MAGLIGHT makes a rechargable flashlight. It comes with a base and lighter plug for the car, and it comes with a transformer to plug in the house. it is smaller than a 3 cell " D" flashlight, but is brighter than a 6cell. It' s about $125.00

Quick Reply: Need a bright flashlight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.