Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

worlds fastest

Old 09-18-2003, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: worlds fastest

HighCountry Brute Force.........not to burst your bubble, but my Patriot Dually would throw that same 3grs per lb of draw weight arrow that High Country uses in the range of 430+fps. Extreme VFT would be high 420' s (One was shot at the ATA show using the same arrow weight at 428fps) Mathews Black Max would be 420+, as would the Hoyt Supertec.
The BowTech BKII Option 1 would probably shoot that same arrow 440+fps!

My point is that The High Country that was shooting 400fps is nothing more than an average Single Cam bow with tough materials that High Country is willing to warranty at a lower arrow weight.......more power to them.

But to compare Apples to Apples if you shot that same High Country at 5grs per lb. of draw weight like all the other bows are rated it would just be middle of the road at best.

I know this is a Dead Horse we' re beating but I wanted to let you know just how High Country is achieving these speeds as you seem a little uninformed as to what is really happening.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:47 PM

Hey Matt - I think that fly is dry enough........

You ever gonna set it back in, or are you gonna whip that poor thing until the hackles fall off
Old 09-18-2003, 07:48 PM

hehe i would hate to see that KE from the HC.. itd be like pissing in the wind with 3 grns per pound
Old 09-18-2003, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to burst your bubble, but as most bow hunters would know, they understand that the lighter arrow weight is what acheives such high speeds. But does your bow warrenty you to shoot such a light weight? I didn' t think so.

So thank you for that trip to the school room, but say something that someone might not know before your next lecture.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:56 PM

so explain it again for those of us who are a bit simple. if arrow weight is same, etc. which bow is the fastest?
Old 09-18-2003, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

HCBF,
We' re talking about SPEED not warranties.........regardless of the arrow weight, if you shot an arrow out of your 400fps High Country, and then shot it out of a Hoyt Supertec for example the High Country will get blown out of the water.

It is NOT the fastest bow. It just has a warranty that will cover you to shoot at 3grs /lb.
That' s all........I honestly didn' t think you understood how they got that speed.

If they want to warranty that and feel they can safely do it because of materials, like I said more power to them.......Apples to Apples SPEED wise they are NOTHING special period.

Old 09-18-2003, 09:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Speed is such a joke![:' (]
Old 09-18-2003, 09:25 PM

now lets don' t get fussey now.

go deep and hunt hard.

just joking.
Old 09-19-2003, 05:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

You are only saying that Rob cuz you shoot that darn slow Vortec.....
Old 09-19-2003, 06:17 AM

I have never shot the any bow with 3 grains per pound, but I don' t think I could shoot it for long. The vibration would be enough to rattle my fillings loose, to say nothing about seriously messing up an already tempermental shoulder. That is only my opinion as I have not shot a High Country w/ 3 g/lb. The other factor that would concern me is you only have one choice for arrows. How good are they & how much $$$$$.

For now I will stick with my slow bow, I would love to shoot 350 fps but not at the sacrafices neccasarry.

Good luck

Quick Reply: worlds fastest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.