Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Looking for honest opinions >

Looking for honest opinions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for honest opinions

Old 12-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Looking for honest opinions

What do you think about this for a tattoo? I am thinking about getting it on my upper arm.

Here is the actual pic I sent him.

Last edited by BigDaddy12t; 12-12-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

I dont know much about tattoos, but that looks pretty neat. The artist seemed to fit the characteristics of the rack very well. I like it!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

if ur happy with it then thats all that matters..i say go for it!! enjoy life!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Need to see your and other artists work,on flesh wildlife. not a great drawing but actual work may be much better.
Small tracks i,ve had redone,still not pleased,needs to be the right"artist"!
Need the best eyes nose and ears or it will look like a bad mount of a great subject.
Tat needle gets old fast ,i,m all for economy after deer details accomplished,like scaling leaf size to deers size, or smaller and putting date and score on it. More natural look. wuss me would for economy drop acorns too as oak represented all ready. To much more than subject makes a pic "busy".
Only my opinion,to each his own. there are a few great tattoo artists out there, finding them like locating a true free range mega buck . Need to confirm research by seeing. Nice buck for your subject,good hunting for your tat!

Last edited by monoped; 12-12-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:09 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not much of a tattoo guy, but I do like your deer mount.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it looks pretty good. Honestly, I would make the antlers a tad bit bigger or make the head a bit skinier. It just looks a little off in the sketch. But thats just my opinion. Congratz on the deer btw.

Heres one that I drew up for myself. Ill be getting it in the next month or so. Of course it is a rough sketch and my artist will clean it up, add details, etc. It will be going on my shoulder/upper arm. Arrows going into my shoulder with barb wire hanging down throughout the deer (on my arm)
Attached Thumbnails Looking for honest opinions-12-1.jpg  

Last edited by Pope94/IA; 12-15-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:52 AM
Typical Buck

If it is a deer you harvested then it will have meaning. Go for it as long as the artist does a good job as others have said. Hope you don't shoot too many nice animals or you will be spending as much on tats as the mounts.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

That looks pretty good. Just a few minor touch ups and I think that would really set it off. I was going to get a full deer head like that with one of my bucks, but I decided to make it a euro look.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

my personal opinion is get a couple more sketches done by other artists and see which one looks the most correct. Its not that bad but there are a couple things that make it look a little funny like the nose/snout/eyes. I wouldn't hesitate to get it tatted on me but i think you could find someone who is better at wildlife tats/drawings. ask him if he has pictures of previous wildlife tats he has done. maybe the actual tattoo would look more correct but why take the chance before you know who else is out there.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Spike

Valuable thoughts and advices. I read your topic with great interest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.