Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Im having trouble bringing my pin up to dead center >

Im having trouble bringing my pin up to dead center

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Im having trouble bringing my pin up to dead center

Old 12-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Spike

Default Im having trouble bringing my pin up to dead center

Hey guys I have a question. I am having trouble bringing my pin up to center when shooting my bow and I no idea how to fix it! If anyone can help me please do so.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

so your poi is lower than the poa?
Old 12-10-2012, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

can ya post a pic of yer rig?
Old 12-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Spike

Well halfbakedi420 I am shooting a Hoyt AlphaBurner with a 28.5 in draw at 70 lbs. I am shooting a cobra sight with a QAD Ultra Rest and a Truball Bone Collector Realese. When I dont have my finger on the triger I can hold wherever I want but as soon as I put my finger on the triger my bow goes down just under where I want. It seams like there is a brick wall and I just can not go up anymore.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by EastonBowHunting
Well halfbakedi420 I am shooting a Hoyt AlphaBurner with a 28.5 in draw at 70 lbs. I am shooting a cobra sight with a QAD Ultra Rest and a Truball Bone Collector Realese. When I dont have my finger on the triger I can hold wherever I want but as soon as I put my finger on the triger my bow goes down just under where I want. It seams like there is a brick wall and I just can not go up anymore.
just moving your finger to the trigger makes the bow move? before ya shoot or as you are shooting? not understanding exactly.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Spike

Ya it confuses my to I will draw my bow back and get all settled in and go to put my finger on the trigger and my bow will slowly move down to the bottom of the target.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

well move it back up on target silly.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Spike

Thats the problem I cant! It just seams like there is a brick wall and I just cant move the bow up anymore.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

From your description it sounds like you're anticipating the shot/release and perhaps moving off target. It's called "target panic" and can cause flinching, which makes you miss the shot. Often by a good distance.
It's all about concentrating, and doing evrything EXACTLY the same way EVERY time! Also, you might try "floating" your pin over the target and releasing just as you cover the center of your target. Hope this helps.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Not sure I understand either but here's some ideas.

Personally, I don't wait to put my finger on the trigger that late. As soon as I have my peep and sight ring lined up and I know the rig is in the right place, I'm on the trigger. I haven't looked at the pin yet, just getting the circles lined up. (Although target is typically close to pin at this point)

Two ways to acquire target on pin. I do it one way and my expert sniper cousin does it another. Most of us , get dialed in and try to bring the bow UP to target. I do it and Easton i sounds like you do too. The sniper says to bring the pin down to acquire target. He says its easier on mechanics of the whole thing. I haven't changed but when it comes to shooting, he knows his stuff.

Two questions. 1) Can you draw, aim 10 yards short, finger on trigger and bring pin to target. Also, draw, aim 10 yards long, finger on trigger and bring to target.

2) Your pin on target, can you repeatedly put your finger on trigger and behind (my safety when I draw), back and forth to safety to fire to safety to fire, without your pin losing target (your figure 8 shouldn't change much). ((Your figure 8 in the natural motion everyone has while trying to keep still))

I'm interested what data you get here. It could be either a mental or mechanical issue depending on which one of these questions you notice something. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.