Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Is 35 lbs enough to kill deer? >

Is 35 lbs enough to kill deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is 35 lbs enough to kill deer?

Old 12-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

another thing to remember when using a low poundage bow,
is make sure bow is fully drawn,
you shorten your draw by 1/2" and it reduces the force on the arrow considerably,
witha 35# bow dont have room for that kind of error,
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
35 lbs will kill a deer, but I would not be shooting at deer at 25 yards with it. Like sachiko mentioned, 10-12, or maybe 15 yards would be a better limit with that type of poundage. Get a good, solid cut on contact fixed broadhead, practice a ton, and go kill something!

Yes Sir
Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Spike

Yes 35 lbs will take out any deer with a clean shot preferably one to the organs. Max distance would be 15 yards to get decent penetration, Took out my first buck with a 35 lbs recurve straight through the front quarter went in about 10 inches catching the top of the heart and a small section of lung. The deer ran almost 75 yards before it bled out so be prepared to track one if you get the chance. Good luck
Old 01-12-2013, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

Yes #35 will kill a deer but remember SHOT PLACEMENT!!!! weather you shoot #35 or #90 it has to hit the vitals . Heart and lung shots so like others have said practice ,practice then practice some more
Old 01-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default 35#

My better half has killed many deer shooting 38 lbs. Most if not all were at 21 yards and under however. She won't shoot at anything outside of 22 yards, that said 75% were pass thrus using NAP Thunderheads at 100 grain