Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
When the dust settles >

When the dust settles

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When the dust settles

Old 12-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Spike

Default When the dust settles

In Wisconsin archery season generally runs from September 15th - November 15th.

A variety of gun, muzzleloader, and an antlerless only gun hunt runs from November 17th - December 9th.

Archery only season then starts up again from December 10th - January 6th.

My question is how long after the gun, muzzleloader, antlerless only gun hunt does it take for deer to get back into a semi-normal routine, if at all?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol, deer are always in their routine, even if swayed to take a different path to get there.
we bulldozed 280 yards about 20 foot wide, tracks on it the same day! drive down the road scare all deer off feeder, come back in 30 minutes headed back to camp and they were already back.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Halfbaked is right imo, deer are still going to go where they want to go, they might just be more cautious when heading there and usually just do it at night. Rifle season ended last sunday here and i took my biggest archery buck to date this morning so who knows how long it takes for them to settle down. Depends on how dumb or smart the particular deer is lol.