HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   13 feet off the ground !! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/375619-13-feet-off-ground.html)

SouthernMDArcherer 11-22-2012 01:30 AM

13 feet off the ground !!

In a continuing attempt to be mobile this year I have been using the climber alot. Worked out all summer doing knee squats etc. to build up my leg strength, have had a bad knee since my mid 30's. Well last night I went out and got thirteen feet off the ground when all of a sudden "POP", the old knee gives out. Man -oh -man did that hurt, I just stopped and hunted from there. Getting down at dark was not a problem, I did not pack up the climber and even attempt to carry it out.

Up this morning to hunt and my knee is swollen big time. Guess I will be finishing off the season out of my ladder stands. Once again the long bow season takes a toll on the old body.

Dave

early in 11-22-2012 04:22 PM

Sorry to hear of your shortcoming. How old is this "old body"?

LI archer 11-23-2012 04:45 PM

sorry to hear about your knee. hope it gets better soon and hope you tag a giant for all the hard work your putting!!

Mojotex 11-25-2012 07:54 AM

Sounds like minicus tear. No fun, but usually easily fixed with surgery. I'd sure have it looked at.

Beard Buster 11-30-2012 01:57 PM

My mom tore her ACL this year... She is almost 50. It was a rough recovery process. I wish you the best of luck! Worst of all with her situation, I am stationed overseas so I could not help. If you were able to walk on it though, you probably didn't tear the ACL. Hate to see a good hunter go down... BB

ahunter55 12-01-2012 02:36 PM

Don't fret-I've killed tons of Deer & Bears from 10 feet & actually several at less. All ladders now & I have 1, 10 footer up, 3, 12 footers & 1, 15.
I've passed on 3 Does out of the 12 footers & 3 from the 10 footer & 1 small buck from the 15 footer.
I have footage of a Doe walking within 10 feet of my 10' stand the other day..

Western MA Hunter 12-03-2012 04:32 AM

sucks... been there... done that... take it easy for awhile... nagging knee injuries are the worse.

Valentine 12-05-2012 03:39 PM

Nursing old injuries seems to pay off

Must have been the injuries when young from basketball and football that kept me in tune with possible injuries.
I exercise the knees now by walking. The thought of knee squats conjures up knee pain just thinking of those confounded exercises that I avoided like the plague after thirty.

Orthopedic surgeons must love ancient and a little overweight tree climbers.

bookfire1238 12-06-2012 12:08 AM

this is really cool, I like here!

HUNTING4LIFE21 12-06-2012 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Beard Buster (Post 4010950)
My mom tore her ACL this year... She is almost 50. It was a rough recovery process. I wish you the best of luck! Worst of all with her situation, I am stationed overseas so I could not help. If you were able to walk on it though, you probably didn't tear the ACL. Hate to see a good hunter go down... BB

This is only partialy true,if it is a clean tear all the way through the only pain will be the very second it happened,if it is a partial tear they're will be pain involved.But it you were able to walk your self outa the woods then it most likely not a partial acl tear.