Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Peeing out of your stand >

Peeing out of your stand

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peeing out of your stand

Old 10-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have bobcats, foxes, coyotes, bears and fishers peeing all over the woods all the time. So, there is vegetarian and carnivore pee everywhere. No biggie.

My dad's buddy still does the pee bottle. He came into the house one time and poured it in the kitchen sink. He is now forbidden from such things.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:23 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by CVG Ohio
Just wondering if "Pee is Pee" then why bother with scent control or products in the first place? I use a Pee bottle myself.

Just Sayin.
CVG Ohio
Because there is a ton of money to be made on scent control products. Pee is pee, unless like stated above, you ate something that really throws off the odor, like asparagus lol. Dropping a deuce on stand, ehhhhh, probably wouldn't do that.

Deer have been harvested for 1000's of years, long before any so called scent control was available. Not saying you should fry fish on the deer stand or or dowse yourself in after shave prior to sitting on stand, but peeing is fine. And if one wants to bottle it, that's fine too.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I carry a pee bottle and use it. Ten years ago I did pee out of my stand and on one particular day a doe came under my treestand. I was curious to see how the deer would react and it walked right up to where I was peeing and stopped. The deer did not approve of my urine. She turned around and went back the way she came in a semi-casual manner.

The deer had to walk right over the pee to get spooked. I would not be worried about pee spooking deer from a distance. However most of my hunting is close range so I pee in a bottle.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's the same sound as a squirrel peeing only difference is if your taking medication.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

Talking

Originally Posted by deernutz
I've never peed out of my stand, but I wouldnt think it would make a big deal. There are so many smells in the woods. It's just another pee smell. I wonder what would happen if someone ate Asparagus the night before and then peed out of the stand. I think maybe the deer might smell it and throw up and pass out. Then you'd have a broadside laying down shot at 25 yds. Might work you never know!!
I love Asparagus...no wonder I smell a strong stingent odor when I use the bathroom. Learn something new every day.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 AM
Fork Horn

It's true I've got several wall hangers and I pee out of my stand also! Just make sure there are no deer near when peeing from elevation, because I had been busted that way!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Sometimes nature calls and you have to go. I usually scrape a bunch of leaves away do what I have to do and cover it back up when Im done. Take a bottle with me when I remember but try to hide it as much as I can when I dont have one and when you just gotta go. This will go on and on with people's opinions but I think you do what you can to avoid leaving any scent and youre better off!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't pee in scrapes or on trails etc but when I have to pee I pee.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

Yep. Let the pee free! I pee in scrapes. Mock scrapes and near rubs. Does anger them and or make them curious. I've got 7 on the wall so I can't complain about the results. Don't buy into all the scent control bs that these companies are makin a fortune on. Just hunt smart and use the wind. Tried and true
Old 10-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Spike

I am not sure, I saw an 10 pointer(dink like 115in) maybe 2.5 year walk right to where the pee was mine and sniff around and walk off no tail action or hackles on back raised....Yet myself in the morning I can smell the coffee coming out and sometimes if I have a sports drink, I can smell this too as different....If I can smell the difference I can guarantee you the deer can smell it too but do they interpret this as danger or different so what.....You know the sideline is if it is coming out as waste in your pee, are you not too off gassing as sweat??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.