Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Peeing out of your stand >

Peeing out of your stand

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peeing out of your stand

Old 11-26-2012, 02:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just pee away . Have shot deer15 minutes after peeing. Pee in the scrapes they tare it up afterwards . When you got to go there is no sence holding it in . Be comfortable , go pee.
Try it and find out . Plus when I do pee out of the stand they don't get close enough to smell it before being shot.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

This hasturned into a Pissing contest ;D!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Charlie P, nice one. you are right about that though I dont sit in a blind those mornings
Old 10-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

I used to worry about pee as well and used to carry a bottle but dont anymore. I do believe pee is pee and seen it work in scrapes many times. The exception being if you do drink alot of coffee or if you take certain types of medication then I would advise against it bc if I can smell the difference Im sure a deer can but if your just drinking water or soda or something along those lines I have seen deer tear up a scrape with human pee in it. To each his own on this one I suppose.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

My wife and I used to go camping/hunting together... In fact, our honeymoon was actually a huntingmoon. (Ya, my wife is that cool! and hot too!)

I have a farmer friend with 1000 acre dairy farm and he'd shut down the back 400 acres for my wife and I to do whatever...

So we did all this hard-core camping and my wife would sit in my truck several hundred yards away and watch me with binoculars while I was in my tree stand. I was usually parked on the side of a tree lined cornfield that had been chopped down so it was relatively easy for her to see me.

Anyhow.. after 3 or 4 hours, she would eventually have to step out of the truck to go pee.. I could see her from my elevated tree stand..

After several years of this routine, I noticed something very strange.. every time she was menstruating and went pee next to the truck, a buck would walk right up to the truck and hang around for a while..

It was so reliable, I started having her pee about 30 yards in front of my stand whenever she could. It worked every freaking time.

To this day, I am still amazed... Corn, pumpkins, apples, etc.. nothing works like a little bloody pee!
Old 10-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Urinating while hunting doesn't spook the deer at all. I even rub Copenhagen and spit below my stand, it doesn't bother them at all.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive pee'd in a scrape I found recently...on my way to my bear bait...the scrape is still active and the bear are still taking my bait...of course Im not pee'ing in the bear bait...but they left piles of dung all over so I doubt it would deter them....LOL
Old 10-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Fork Horn

I think if your in the woods alot and you piss on everything and everywhere they would get use to it. Anyone can piss on the ground and kill a deer but when its comes to an old mature big buck and your bowhunting....think twice before pissing on a scrape or by your stand. They live in the woods...and your urine is something that isnt natural to them. Might fool a small scrub buck but not a booner.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blb078
I've never noticed any diff when I pee from the stand. But just for those doubters see the link below.

http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/fo...php?tid=185943
Noticed there wasnt any mature giant bucks on this thread...not conviced. Pee bottle for me.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never peed out of my stand, but I wouldnt think it would make a big deal. There are so many smells in the woods. It's just another pee smell. I wonder what would happen if someone ate Asparagus the night before and then peed out of the stand. I think maybe the deer might smell it and throw up and pass out. Then you'd have a broadside laying down shot at 25 yds. Might work you never know!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.