Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Peeing out of your stand >

Peeing out of your stand

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peeing out of your stand

Old 11-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Peeing out of your stand

This hunter I know that does very well with killing big bucks with the bow year after year, says he pees out of his stand every hunt, and even in scrapes, and says the deer are not only unafraid of it they are attracted to it.

This goes against everything ive ever known about hunting, but he swears by it. How do you guys feel about this?
Old 11-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

You've heard wrong, pee is pee...Deer can't tell the difference...

I've never use a pee bottle and whenever possible pee in scrapes and add a little Tinks, this really makes big bucks mad...
Old 11-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

i never knew if they could tell so i pee in a creek or puddles when i can. good to know that it doesnt bother them!
Old 11-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Typical Buck

Pee is pee uh? I can tell the difference a morning after drinkining gennys or having a bunch of coffee. I cant believe deer that will come into a bottle with a few drops of tinks cant tell the difference. I play it safe and go with the pee bottle, my goal is to get in and get out without ever being there as far as a deer is concerned.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pee is pee. They smell it and figure that another deer is trespassing on their turf.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Just wondering if "Pee is Pee" then why bother with scent control or products in the first place? I use a Pee bottle myself.

Just Sayin.
CVG Ohio
Old 11-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

i think pee is pee for the most part too. I suppose if you ate something that really effects the smell of your pee it might spook a deer, but i think for the most part it just breaks down and deer cant tell the difference in it and any other pee in the forest. Now if you happen to be in estrous, disregard above theory.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:43 AM
TDC
Spike

Based on this week's hunt I know that bucks, and does will investigate your pee. However, I'm starting to wonder if it puts off the really big bucks, since once you pee you only see them once on the trail cam.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

I pee in scrapes....I can show you the videos of deer coming to them and getting mad and then peeing in them
Old 11-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Spike

I love this review I really love it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.