Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Peeing out of your stand >

Peeing out of your stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peeing out of your stand

Old 10-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Spike

If I come up on a scrape or rub, and have the need to relieve myself, which is usually a hassle with Scent blocker pants base layers, boxers, and my leafy gloves, I will pee on it too, and then take my buck bomb detonator with doe in estrus and add a few drops in and around it. Every time I have been back by the scrape or rub...the scrapes are torn up and obviously seems the buck is pleased that his mark was visited. who actually carries a pee bottle with them? I wouldn't put it in my pack, pocket, or even want to deal with the extra accessory to carry. I have too many gadgets that work to get me a deer to carry, and if it spills on me, it turns into a scent mask!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Murby
My wife and I used to go camping/hunting together... In fact, our honeymoon was actually a huntingmoon. (Ya, my wife is that cool! and hot too!)

I have a farmer friend with 1000 acre dairy farm and he'd shut down the back 400 acres for my wife and I to do whatever...

So we did all this hard-core camping and my wife would sit in my truck several hundred yards away and watch me with binoculars while I was in my tree stand. I was usually parked on the side of a tree lined cornfield that had been chopped down so it was relatively easy for her to see me.

Anyhow.. after 3 or 4 hours, she would eventually have to step out of the truck to go pee.. I could see her from my elevated tree stand..

After several years of this routine, I noticed something very strange.. every time she was menstruating and went pee next to the truck, a buck would walk right up to the truck and hang around for a while..

It was so reliable, I started having her pee about 30 yards in front of my stand whenever she could. It worked every freaking time.

To this day, I am still amazed... Corn, pumpkins, apples, etc.. nothing works like a little bloody pee!
That reminds me of about 25 years ago a hunting buddy used to wrap up his girls tampons when she was having her period and hang them from a tree....actually shot a buck that had stopped to investigate. I just could never bring myself to even think this way. I mean how do you ask for it? Could you imagine coming across one hanging on a limb while hunting....I think I would spook every deer in a mile by laughing my tail off.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:40 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by hardwoodhank
That reminds me of about 25 years ago a hunting buddy used to wrap up his girls tampons when she was having her period and hang them from a tree....actually shot a buck that had stopped to investigate. I just could never bring myself to even think this way. I mean how do you ask for it? Could you imagine coming across one hanging on a limb while hunting....I think I would spook every deer in a mile by laughing my tail off.
Omg that is disgusting. I've heard the saying that if you're not cheating you're not trying, but gee whizz. I don't think my girl would even let me see a bloody tampon, let alone let me have it...lol.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:33 AM
Typical Buck

I forgot to mention that last year I made a small mock scrape and peed in it myself. Te first week it was there I had 5 mature bucks, one a 205" giant work it. Had them all on camera doin it. So believe what you want but it works for me
Old 10-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

Apple juice friends......drink lots of apple juice.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Got this from another forum. It made me laugh. I think this guy made some since. "heard many pro-cons from old timers, some who even add to a scrape.The two keys to this would be as "mesarich" stated, association of danger, and personal diet. if 9 deer are ok with you wetting your stand, so be it. Number ten may make the connection, and be the boomer you've been waiting for. The other is, deer don't drink beer, etc., so long/short, i believe if you have a way to contain urine, why take the chance? Think like the predator you are."
Old 11-14-2013, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Bump

Was wondering about this and found this thread. Doesn't seem to be any real consensus.