Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
No "RUT" activity here in Southwestern, Pennsylvania. >

No "RUT" activity here in Southwestern, Pennsylvania.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No "RUT" activity here in Southwestern, Pennsylvania.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default No "RUT" activity here in Southwestern, Pennsylvania.

Has anyone around the south western part of Pennsylvania seen any sign of bucks chasing does? I have seen nothing that indicates the rut is on, no chasing, checking or anything.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't speak for SW Pa, but here in SE Pa it's been a slooow rut, a trickle rut as it's called. Unlike what Charles what's his name predicted. lol I have seen bucks cruising though, and more scrapes showing up.

I had a basket 8pt walk 10yrds from my stand last evening. He was on the cruise for sure!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

we hunt in northern MD i saw a couple bucks chasing the other night
Old 11-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

the bucks are cruising but haven't seen them chasing too much.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

In SW Ohio and SE Indiana, things are starting to heat up...I shot a very nice 8 point 2 Friday's ago who was working a scrape.....also, the majority of seeking/chasing is being done by younger bucks...the big boys will start to show themselves soon...hang in there...it will take off soon!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Spike

I live near Albany NY and haven't gotten a chance to hunt the past few weeks been working from before sunup to after sundown but I have seen alot more deer activity in the fields while I'm hauling tankers for work. Seen a bunch of bucks trailing does and have even smelled doe in heat urine from my front door step! I walked out the other morning and it hit me instantly. Killed me that I had to jump in the truck and go to work. I soooo wanted to go back inside and throw on my camo and jump in my stand lol. Trail camera at my house has also shown 8 different bucks I haven't seen all year show up. They weren't big at all just little guys but it just shows that they are on the move
Old 11-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Spike

I'm hunting in Upstate NY and I don't think the rut has started yet.I've been seeing doe with there young with them but have not seen a buck yet.The last time I was out was Sunday Nov 11.
I've heard that when doe come into heat that either the doe or buck chase the young ones away.Not sure if that's true or not.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yesterday (Monday, Nov 12th.) was our last day to bowhunt in Pennsylvania until the day after Christmas. Up til Monday, I saw nothing that would say the rut was even close. I don't know when the Pennsylvania game commision will wake up and let us bowhunt up til gun season, we have 2 weeks to sit and twiddle our thumbs. Probably the best "buck activity" in the next week or so and we Pennsylvania archers will miss it.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR
Yesterday (Monday, Nov 12th.) was our last day to bowhunt in Pennsylvania until the day after Christmas. Up til Monday, I saw nothing that would say the rut was even close. I don't know when the Pennsylvania game commision will wake up and let us bowhunt up til gun season, we have 2 weeks to sit and twiddle our thumbs. Probably the best "buck activity" in the next week or so and we Pennsylvania archers will miss it.

that sucks you can from semptember to the end of january in MD
Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's how it should be in PA Joe, don't understand it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.