Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ground Blinds

Old 11-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got my last pop up blind at Wally World this past year for a total of 3. It was a AmeriStep Michael Wadell Bone Collector series on close out. I picked it up for $50!!!! It was told to me that it was a store display by a store employee and thats why the box was raggedy. I get it home to find it had been used and still had tie down yellow poly cords on it!!!!! SO WHAT!!!! I have killed 2 turkeys from it and a deer. Just keep your eyes open after season and see what you can find.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
Same here I love them I don't have a heater and thermos but im get them soon what i love to do when im in the blind during the rut is splash the mesh window with hot do piss,shot a small racked big bodied meat in the freezer deer outta the blind just 2 days ago dont mid the garage been boiling traps so its a bit messy haha. he came in to about 3 yards from my blind.
do not put anything on your blind to cause the deer to investagate the blind. if you want to use an attractant put it out away from the blind. this is as bad advise as the guys that tell you to put the doe in heat on your pants or boots. the point of the blinds are to hide from deer not make them come to it and then smell you and run away from it.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Spike

I agree with the above. The only thing you should use while in the blind is cover scents not attractants. You don't want them to know your there. I like to hang the fresh earth or acorn smelling wafers in my blinds to help mask human scent. I also spray the entire blind inside and out with scent killer when I first arrive and before I leave. I don't have any proof that its a definate way to do things but it makes me feel better and I've never had a deer wind me or become alerted while I was in the blind.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

Took my first deer with the new bow and it is my first time hunting in a blind took my first deer in said blind! and it is a mangmnt buck.. but had to break the ice!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Ground Blinds-1118021509.jpg