Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fair?

Old 11-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

If the wildlife officer hadn't been such an arrogant prick i would have probably just been okay with paying the fine, but i really feel like this guy crossed the line that other officers wouldn't have crossed. Also hunting that night was another gentleman that i met earlier this year. He is in his 50's, been hunting this property for over 20 years, is a preacher, and just a flat out genuine guy. That wildlife officer asked him if he had ever taken a hunters education course and this guy's reply was "no, and i have been hunting for 40 years". That guy was fortunate and got off with a warning. Luckily i did take one back when i was a little kid. After seeing this guy question this other hunter and being a jerk to me i started to get a little smart with the officer, and he told me that if i continue to get smart with him he will suspend my drivers license, take all my hunting gear, and ban me from ever hunting again in the United States. It seemed like this guy was bound and determined to rack up fines any way he could.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

I work in law enforcment (dispatch now however used to be on the road) and there are plenty of those guys out there. It sucks that it happened but you will probably have to pay the fine. I would still attempt to talk to a judge and try and have it plead down.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dstubb
If the wildlife officer hadn't been such an arrogant prick i would have probably just been okay with paying the fine, but i really feel like this guy crossed the line that other officers wouldn't have crossed. Also hunting that night was another gentleman that i met earlier this year. He is in his 50's, been hunting this property for over 20 years, is a preacher, and just a flat out genuine guy. That wildlife officer asked him if he had ever taken a hunters education course and this guy's reply was "no, and i have been hunting for 40 years". That guy was fortunate and got off with a warning. Luckily i did take one back when i was a little kid. After seeing this guy question this other hunter and being a jerk to me i started to get a little smart with the officer, and he told me that if i continue to get smart with him he will suspend my drivers license, take all my hunting gear, and ban me from ever hunting again in the United States. It seemed like this guy was bound and determined to rack up fines any way he could.
he couldnt have suspended your DL or made it so you could never hunt again he is on a power trip. he could have taken your gear and vehicle.

it is up to you but i doubt you get a better deal from the judge and you will have court costs if you go to court.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Banned

just remember you have to buy an antlerless permit to continue to hunt there and i you want to kill a buck you have to kill him in zone c
Old 11-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah its pretty crappy how they differ the doe tags versus either sex. I normally buy a doe tag and an either sex tag, planning on taking a doe but not wanting to miss out on a giant buck.

They need to be more specific and more clear about thier explanations. What sucks is: if you haven't gotten a deer by Nov 25, then you are only allowed 2 deer instead of 4, because doe tags expire before gun season.

He must have been having a bad day; I cant understand why he would ticket you without you actually taking a deer. A warning and a a better explanation of the law would have been more beneficial.

The only time Ive even seen a wildlife officer was fishing at Hueston woods and he just checked out licenses and didnt even care what we had caught.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
Yeah its pretty crappy how they differ the doe tags versus either sex. I normally buy a doe tag and an either sex tag, planning on taking a doe but not wanting to miss out on a giant buck.

They need to be more specific and more clear about thier explanations. What sucks is: if you haven't gotten a deer by Nov 25, then you are only allowed 2 deer instead of 4, because doe tags expire before gun season.

He must have been having a bad day; I cant understand why he would ticket you without you actually taking a deer. A warning and a a better explanation of the law would have been more beneficial.

The only time Ive even seen a wildlife officer was fishing at Hueston woods and he just checked out licenses and didnt even care what we had caught.
I was only a few miles from Hueston Woods, i wonder if it was the same guy.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

I was only a few miles from Hueston Woods, i wonder if it was the same guy.
This was an older heavy set guy driving an Impala.

Where do you hunt at? Im just a few miles from of 177 on 725. Im really close to Hueston Woods and thankfully have never seen an officer close to our property, granted its private farm land.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

This was an older heavy set guy driving an Impala.

Where do you hunt at? Im just a few miles from of 177 on 725. Im really close to Hueston Woods and thankfully have never seen an officer close to our property, granted its private farm land.
This guy was probably in his mid twenties and was driving an offical ODNR truck. The place i hunt is 230 acres at the intersection of Paint Creek and Concord. It's about 5 minutes away from the park entrance.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

This guy was probably in his mid twenties and was driving an offical ODNR truck. The place i hunt is 230 acres at the intersection of Paint Creek and Concord. It's about 5 minutes away from the park entrance.
Mid twenties... probably had a chip on his shoulder. (Granted Im 26, but I know most people my age can be douchebags.)

You're real close. I hunt 1280 acres, which is mostly corn and bean, around the intersection of Highway 725 and Camden-Darrtown Rd. Sounds like you are having better luck than me and my buddies, we've seen plenty of activity but nothing on the ground yet.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Mid twenties... probably had a chip on his shoulder. (Granted Im 26, but I know most people my age can be douchebags.)

You're real close. I hunt 1280 acres, which is mostly corn and bean, around the intersection of Highway 725 and Camden-Darrtown Rd. Sounds like you are having better luck than me and my buddies, we've seen plenty of activity but nothing on the ground yet.
Yeah it's come easy this season as far as putting meat in the freezer. Had lot's of pics of nice bucks before the season started but haven't seen any shooters from my stand. Both doe's i shot were on freshly cut corn fields. One morning in early October i counted 38 deer from my corn field stand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.