Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What would make bowhunting better for you? >

What would make bowhunting better for you?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would make bowhunting better for you?

Old 03-09-2013, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
You can't? Man, I'm glad that's cleared up...

Stalking is an art form, I've killed a dozen or so deer by walking around with my bow or my revolver. Ain't for everybody I suppose.
I think there's a difference between stalking and aimlessly walking through the woods. Stalking is an art and most people aren't adept at it. More than once I've been in my climber and watched guys "stalk" deer and I can hear and see them coming a mile away, and they never even knew I was there. Those are the guys that ruin hunts for other people.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

What would make bow hunting better for me ? Hmmm
I know . Sex from the wife before going hunting , or after .
I know I would do a lot more hunting then lol
Old 03-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

Here in Illinois I would have to say move firearms opener 2 weeks later. Just when the rut is going strong bow season gets ruined.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by JasonR686
Honest question: what would make bowhunting better for you? Are there any pain points, or problems you face when hunting, or shooting bows? I would really appreciate your input...
Aside from the respect everyone speaks for (unforuntately some people will never get it) I would love to hunt with more women. I absoulutely love hunting with my husband but its so much different hunting with women!

Cheaper land/leases in Texas!!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

I can only think of a couple of things that would make hunting better for me. One would be more time to do it and another would be more opportunity to hunt on the Upper Peninsula.

I really wouldn't want to hunt with anyone but my husband. But he has been reminding me that I have to start paying attention because I'm going to be responsible for taking one of the girls with me. Four of us sneaking through the woods would be a little much. I know it works for wolves, but we can't run fast enough.

Let's have no more talk about wolves
Old 03-17-2013, 11:53 AM
LT.
Spike

Being more sucessful would be huge. Better placed shots, less shaking before theshot, that kind of thing. I get way ramped up before a shot that i cannot stop shaking. I launch 100 to 150 arrows a day and just cant get over the excitement of getting the chance to shoot at an animal. The shaking has prevented me from shooting at animals more often than not. I have bow hunted for 25 years and still get over excited when the moment comes.

LT.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:44 AM
Spike

Someone not into hunting but would carry in my 5 gallon bucket of deer feed every week would be nice. LOL
Old 03-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm,

1. Repect for everyone else's property (i.e stands, cameras, land) and hard work.
2. If you know someone else is hunting there find somewhere else.
3. Try and scout before the rut. Don't trounce through the woods during the best part of the season.
4. More land owners willing to let people more gain access.
5. And most of all. A willingness for more bowhunters to mentor someone into the great sport of archery.

Just my two sense
Old 03-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

What would make bowhunting better?

If the big bucks would show up and stay still about 15 yards away and let me shoot at them.

It would be better for me if I had more time in the woods. Also, it would be better if I had more trees to choose from for stand placement. We have alot of trees but only a few that would be a prefect set up. And the trees that would be perfect are in a spot where I dont want a stand. I got lucky this year shooting my buck. Hardly any cover in my tree. The tree trunk had a diameter of about a foot. Not the most ideal tree to hide in.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

sunday hunting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.