Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What would make bowhunting better for you? >

What would make bowhunting better for you?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Spike

To be able to use a crossbow in NYS during bow season.
Now before some of you get mad and stop reading this please listen.
I lost the sight in my right eye when I was 2 and I'm 56 now.I'm right handed but shoot left handed because of my eye injury.
Well about 7 years ago I injured 3 disc's in my neck and every year it gets harder for me to pull my compound bow back.
I also wish New York would give people who open up there land to hunting money or a tax breaks.I've lost alot of my hunting area's because people have posted there property.It gets harder every year to find land to hunt on.I have to drive over 40 miles in one direction to hunt state owned land.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

Having more time to do it.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dvallilee
To be able to use a crossbow in NYS during bow season.
Now before some of you get mad and stop reading this please listen.
I lost the sight in my right eye when I was 2 and I'm 56 now.I'm right handed but shoot left handed because of my eye injury.
Well about 7 years ago I injured 3 disc's in my neck and every year it gets harder for me to pull my compound bow back.
I also wish New York would give people who open up there land to hunting money or a tax breaks.I've lost allot of my hunting area's because people have posted there property.It gets harder every year to find land to hunt on.I have to drive over 40 miles in one direction to hunt state owned land.
I feel your pain. I have had two back surgery's with no relief. then had a pain pump put in. That has helped, but now I cant sit for very long and that makes it hard to hunt when you cant sit still.... I love bow hunting but this year has been challenging and depressing. Not seeing deer day after day takes the enthusiasm right out of me... I know the deer are there, I have them I trail cams. So for what I need to make hunting better, A comfortable tree stand thats affordable for the blue collar person. Or a good med that can numb my ass so I can sit longer.. lol... And also, If its not your stand, than means its not yours to sit in and use at your free will... You MUST ASK!!!! to use it.....
Old 03-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

1.) People putting in their own work and hanging their own stands. 2.) Hunt at least 300 yards apart. 3.) Someone asking the land owner for permission to hunt their land and not start the conversation off by saying " Hey, I don't want to cut in on Bob but can I hunt your land too?" And then want to sit in Bob's stands. (Refer to #1.) 4.) The land owner not giving everyone permission to sit in Bob's stands.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

As you probably can tell from the above post, this has happened to me in the past 3 seasons. I had 122 acres to myself for about 7 years and then the land owners nephew took up bow hunting 3 years ago. He sat in my stand the first 2 years and then last season I told him he had to set up his own. He doesn't practice scent control and it shows in the number of deer sightings I see now compared to what I use to see. And this coming year, the land owner has given permission to another hunter. And you'll never guess what he told him?! YUP, you can sit in Bobs' stands. What the F%^$k. Who in their right mind wouldn't think to themselves, "Maybe Bob wants to sit in his own d@&n stands?" Little frustrated I am!!!! Best advise, if you can afford it, buy some land and do as you please. That way you won't be working for everyone else.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think less wounded deer issues could be solved by more bow hunters putting in the range time. We'll never be perfect, but I hear too many guys say "I'm not the best with it, but i shoot it well enough to hunt with to XXyrds..."
Old 03-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by early in
People NOT leaving trash in the woods (State land) that I have to take out. People NOT wandering around the woods aimlessly with their bow actually thinking they will kill a deer that way. lol
also if you ARE walking around with someone...I wish they would STHU!lol

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I think less wounded deer issues could be solved by more bow hunters putting in the range time. We'll never be perfect, but I hear too many guys say "I'm not the best with it, but i shoot it well enough to hunt with to XXyrds..."
This! I just re-sighted my bow in from 20-60yds...Im not so good at 60 on a bag BUT I did hit center a few times I prob wouldnt go out that far on a elk ...maybe 20-40yds is where Im comfortable.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

I just wish the farmer would leave me a path in the fields so I dont have to fight though a half mile of corn stalks to get to my stand.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

I wish I had a corn field to hunt
Old 03-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by early in
People NOT wandering around the woods aimlessly with their bow actually thinking they will kill a deer that way. lol
You can't? Man, I'm glad that's cleared up...

Stalking is an art form, I've killed a dozen or so deer by walking around with my bow or my revolver. Ain't for everybody I suppose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.