Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Scent lok and scent block = hoax >

Scent lok and scent block = hoax

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent lok and scent block = hoax

Old 11-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scent lok and scent block = hoax

I was just wondering how many hunters out there actaully wear scentlok or scent blocker gear? Been wearing scentlok for 4 years and wear and tear played its role, needed to get new gear and dont know what i want to spend . Just wondering how many people believe this stuff actually works? Thanks!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Spike

scam my friend... some scent away or cover sscent on regular clothes does the trick....then hang them in a barn or screened in porch...that stuff is a rip off man.. save your money for new weapons or somethin....really what you do with your outer layers is all that matters
Old 11-03-2012, 02:17 AM
Typical Buck

I never owned any scent eliminating clothing. Just hung out to air out does the trick for me. I also take some brush and alfalfa from the fields and throw it into a plastic bin with my outter layers to add some natural scent to it on my off days.

Luxury not a necessity.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Typical Buck

i own a scent lok fleece jacket and pants. I also own many pairs of camo jeans and camo button down shirts. i haven't seen enough to prove it works. I like it cause it has a good camo pattern and keeps me warm. i would never purchase it for full price, i think it was priced at around 250. we got in on sale for 150 i want to say.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

they have great colors. and i like the one piece design, as it helps hold in skin cells if yer tuckin it into yer boots, and yer hat tucked into the suit...but as far as scent free...nope. scent control, if done properly, yes. there is no way to absolutely go scent free.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

I mean I do as much as I can to be scent free and right when scentlok came out and the frenzy was to get it, I too got sucked in. Just the more you think about it I mean how can clothing keep you scent free. Just think its a waste of money and not spending it again.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Spike

I have a couple of scent lock outfits that I got years ago, when I worked in an archery shop, at a pretty good price. I use them regularly but, since I try to play the wind as much as possible, can't say for sure just how much they really help.
The fact of the matter is (I know some of you might feel this is sacrilegious but, bear with me) I'm not sure "camo" clothing is an absolute must.
If you use the wind and available cover to, properly, break up your outline and don't move around enough to alert them, the deer won't know you're there anyway. My favorite hunting clothes are my old red, or green, and black buffalo plaid wool shirts and O.D. green wool army field pants (a carry-over from the 50's and 60's before military surplus camo started the camo rage) and I have had just as much success as when I'm dressed, head to toe, in the latest and greatest camo patterns (my predator and ASAT patterns being the exception).
The camo clothes, scent control/eliminator products, cover scents/attractants and, even blinds and stands, just give you an edge for when things don't go exactly right.
You just need to figure out how much of an edge you want, or need, and how much you're willing to pay for it
Old 11-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by olfatguy
I have a couple of scent lock outfits that I got years ago, when I worked in an archery shop, at a pretty good price. I use them regularly but, since I try to play the wind as much as possible, can't say for sure just how much they really help.
The fact of the matter is (I know some of you might feel this is sacrilegious but, bear with me) I'm not sure "camo" clothing is an absolute must.
If you use the wind and available cover to, properly, break up your outline and don't move around enough to alert them, the deer won't know you're there anyway. My favorite hunting clothes are my old red, or green, and black buffalo plaid wool shirts and O.D. green wool army field pants (a carry-over from the 50's and 60's before military surplus camo started the camo rage) and I have had just as much success as when I'm dressed, head to toe, in the latest and greatest camo patterns (my predator and ASAT patterns being the exception).
The camo clothes, scent control/eliminator products, cover scents/attractants and, even blinds and stands, just give you an edge for when things don't go exactly right.
You just need to figure out how much of an edge you want, or need, and how much you're willing to pay for it

i agree..arrowed hogs in a white shirt with shorts and boots on.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Start with your base of scent, skin. I use atsko sport wash and detergent. I have regular clothing but also use some under armor as a tight base layer to keep it in as well. Can't remember the last time I was winded. At least 3 years.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Spike

I feel the same way as many other posters that, scentblocker and scentlok are mostly a marketing thing. I think there is a little bit to be said about the technology that goes into their garments, but again there are other ways to get the same result. That being said they do make some nice designed clothing and coupled with tech they are popular. Take a look here at Men's Hunting Clothing. There are other manufacturers out there, natural gear, and russell make some nice clothing too check them out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.