Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Why do YOU bow hunt? >

Why do YOU bow hunt?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do YOU bow hunt?

Old 10-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

I love the thrill of bow hunting the deer have to be so close and you have to be stealthy and quite its such a harder thing to do then shoot a deer at 100 yards with a gun i also gun hunt but its for the meat i love taking big bucks with a bow makes me feel like i have accomplished something.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Because I'm a felon and I can't own a gun.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

I'm kidding, but I always want to see someone say that - I know it applies to some portion of the folks on this site!

I bow and crossbow hunt because it extends my season. As soon as rifle season opens, I switch to rifle. I don't have weapon of choice, I just love to hunt Gun or Bow!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

It is a challenge and it extends my season if I didn't I would have 5 days in Dec and that is it for my area!
Old 10-25-2012, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like hunting, period. Bow hunting, however, takes the experience to a completely different level...different skill set, different dynamics, different logistics, et al. I agree with many of the statements already made...longer season, changing woods, relaxed animals. I hunt year round so heat and cold really has no bearing on my decision. I like getting close.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Gun hunting is to easy. You put the deer in the scope where you wanna shoot and pull the trigger. Bowhunting is soo much more of a challenge. When you got multiple deer within 30 yards and your trying to shoot its difficult cause you got so many eyes in that area. You gotta make sure the time is right to draw your bow. Bowhunting is just so much more challenging than gun hunting, thats why I bowhunt!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default No, I chose it as a hunting addition

Bow hunting became another hobby, to add to gun hunting. It added even another hobby and that was bow archery practice. With a nearby private archery range, that hobby of just practicing was worth the price of the bow and arrows to me. It was a time to get away from it all, and just get calm by shooting arrows.