Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i got one!!!(a bow), but i  need help!! >

i got one!!!(a bow), but i need help!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i got one!!!(a bow), but i need help!!

Old 09-14-2003, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default i got one!!!(a bow), but i need help!!

this is my second year bow hunting, (8th year deer hunting) and i started with an onld PSE bow that was my father' s friend' s bow that he gave me. the deal i made with my dad was if i shot a deer with the bow, i could get a new bow. well, new years eve i shot a doe and just now got my new bow.

i went to get a matthews icon, but alas, they didnt have one in stock. but they did have the LX for $100 more, but with a free dozen of carbon arrows. so i got the LX. i am shooting 70 lb. wisker biscuit rest, and a trophy ridge sight. the question is, do i need any silencers on the string???? my old bow had silencers, my fathers bow does too. but my friends LX doesnt have silencers and he has already killed a deer with his this year. does any one who has the LX put silencers on?? the matthews hunting tape that came with the bow, none of those guys have silencers on their bows either. any suggestions???
Old 09-14-2003, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: i got one!!! but i need help!!

Kobear,

With all the advanced vibration dampeners, the LX is probably silenced enough without needing to add silencers. Shoot it and listen. Is it loud? You can add silencers if you want. It might not help much if the bow is already silent. Silencers also slow the bow down a little bit (not enough to worry about).
Old 09-14-2003, 10:17 AM

Default RE: i got one!!! but i need help!!

I don' t have any silencers on mine or any limbsavers.I shot a friends LX the other day that had stealth limbsavers , cat wisker silencers, and three rubber eliminator buttons on his string ........and his arrows weigh 30 grains more than mine. I could barely tell a difference between them.......and I would bet the average person off the street could tell no difference !! Hope that helps !!
Old 09-14-2003, 02:08 PM

Default RE: i got one!!!(a bow), but i need help!!

I shoot a Darton and eventho it is a very quiet bow I still put on string silencers... It all helps..you could try it and if it does not make a differance then take them off...your choice...[:-][:-][:-]

HAPPY HUNTING & GOOD HUNTING
Old 09-14-2003, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

I' m shooting the same bow at 70# with a 30" draw. I have Limb Savers on and will put string leaches on in the next couple weeks. The bow right now is whisper quiet and super fast without a stabilizer! I love the darn thing! I' m also shooting a Trophy Ridge sight, but a NAP Quicktune rest. I' ve thought about the Whisker Bisquit....maybe next year. Good luck!
Old 09-14-2003, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea, i am shooting a 29 1/2" draw length. i love the trophy ridge sight. both me and my friend just bought the LX. i havent even gotten to shoot mine yet. tommoro i am getting the carbons cut. i will be shooting tommoro night in my backyard. i cant wait. i shot his, and WOW. what kind of broadheads you shooting clattin??