Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need a little advise (in a hurry) >

Need a little advise (in a hurry)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a little advise (in a hurry)

Old 10-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Spike

Default Need a little advise (in a hurry)

So I am buying a climber stand. After looking quite a bit I have settled on the Summit Titan. Just want a couple opinions before I bite and spend $300+ on something. The big reason I'm looking at the titan is because I'm a little over 6'2'' and about 285lbs on a good day. Any advise would be very appreciated. I have 2 young ones at home and it will be a long time before I can spend this kind of money again. Thanks guys.

Last edited by medic242; 10-10-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

My quickest advise to you would be to put that $300 towards a Lone Wolf sit and climb.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Spike

I own a summit 180 max. very comfortable. able to sit for long periods. can be a little heavy if you are walking long distances! but I wouldn't trade it for anything else on the market that ive sat in!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

I own and use 3 Summit Viper stands without the bar in front off the seat/hand climber part. The reason I prefer the ones without that bar is because it cost me a 150"+ a few years back when he was at 10 yards and the lower limb of my bow hit the bar upon release. Other than that little issue.....they are the most comfortable stands I have ever used for bow hunting.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Spike

the reason I say in a hurry is I have a ladder stand and a blind on one farm and was able to get a new spot and I will be going on Saturday. On the new place I don't want to leave a stand and want to be portable. There just doesn't look like there's a good spot for a blind.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Dagger Summit climber, its the open-face model for bowhunting. I owned the Viper until, like PY Antlers stated, I hit the front bar with the lower limb of my bow. With that being said, the Dagger is no bigger than the Viper & is much smaller than the Titan & being as the Titan also has the closed front, you might likely have the same problem that we've had. Though Im not as big of a guy as you, if I were Id go with the Lone Wolf WIDE Sit n Climb simply because its open-faced.
If its made by Summit or Lone Wolf, you wont be disappointed.
Good luck with your purchase & enjoy.

Last edited by On_Point; 10-10-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:03 AM
Typical Buck

I bought a Lone Wolf hand climber in 2009 and love it. Nice and quite and light. I used a friend's summit, don't know what model it was, it was light, but bulky.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Banned

buy it they are great stands and you wont regret it. i have used the titan and viper along with olman and cheaper climbers all with a bar in front and never have i ever had a problem hitting the bar. if you can keep your cool when a big deer is close you will never hit the bar or anything else for that matter.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

I have an Ol' Man with the bar, and it doesn't get in the way if you invert it so that the bar is down by your feet. If you have it up high in the 'gun' position, it will get in your way. I no longer use my Ol' Man much at any rate, because I've replaced it with a Lone Wolf hand climber.

Very light, very quiet, easy to set up and use. No welds to make noise, so it's frigging silent once it's set up. Only drawback I've found to the hand climber is that the seat is tiny and hard on your a$$ after more than 3 hours. I might invest in the sit and climb top portion next year to get me an option for long hunts.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Spike

Well I found a pro shop that would let me sit in the stands. Sit in a Titan and a Ol' man don't remember the model. Sit in the lone wolf sit and climb and really liked it but just don't have the money. After all is said and done I bought the Titan off ebay for $274.99tyd. Saved about $50 off retail. Thanks for the advise. I am the only one that deer hunts in my family and turn to you guys for advise a lot of the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.