Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What would you do? >

What would you do?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do?

Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What would you do?

I was out hunting with my buddy on my family farm. We have been practicing QDM on this property for a number of years now and have several nice shooter. I only made a couple of my shooters off limits to my buddy. At 6:45 this evening he sends me a text and says he shot a little 1 12 yr old 4 point. Needless to say I was upset. He knows we DO NOT shoot ant buck under at least 3 1/2 yrs old and preferably 4 1/2 yrs old and above. I let him know I was unhappy but we are like best friends so I will allow him to continue to hunt. He knew the rules and broke them anyways. Matter of fact he told me he will not shoot any bucks under 150". I feel our friendship is more important than the deer but I think next year I may tell him my Uncle said no more hunting on the farm except family.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

It sounds like you have it under control. make sure he knows what a 150 is if you let him hunt again.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

If i were you, i'd kick him off without a doubt. Tons of hard work and it only takes one person to ruin it...
Old 10-09-2012, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

Just arrow a giant and show him up. While he's drooling over your stout racked buck tell him he's the designated doe culler from now on and that he must wear head to toe blaze orange while bowhunting!!LOL
Old 10-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PREDATE
Just arrow a giant and show him up. While he's drooling over your stout racked buck tell him he's the designated doe culler from now on and that he must wear head to toe blaze orange while bowhunting!!LOL
Now that is funny, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

i like the idea of only having him shoot doe until he decides to give you the respect of following your own lands rules. I don't think i could kick my best bud off, and i don't think one is worth it. Maybe only let him hunt turkey or some other species, not deer.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

By reading your story I will use a couple of captions from that and let you know what I would do... you start off with " practicing QDM on this property for a number of years now" followed with "He knows" and "DO NOT", then we go to" He knew the rules and broke them anyways". What would I do? I would tell him of all the captions then I would ask my "best friend" why he would abuse the?, then I would let him know that you feel disrespected (something that should be showcased as you are talking), then I would let my "best friend" know that he cant hunt next year and we will talk about the year after.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Damon
By reading your story I will use a couple of captions from that and let you know what I would do... you start off with " practicing QDM on this property for a number of years now" followed with "He knows" and "DO NOT", then we go to" He knew the rules and broke them anyways". What would I do? I would tell him of all the captions then I would ask my "best friend" why he would abuse the?, then I would let him know that you feel disrespected (something that should be showcased as you are talking), then I would let my "best friend" know that he cant hunt next year and we will talk about the year after.
Your gut is telling you the right thing, but dont use youe Uncle as an excuse, let him know that it is you, a Best friend will understand.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

One small buck won't make a difference in your heard. Friendship is much more important. BUT I would tell him that he is out of do-overs and is done hunting the land if he screws up again.

I like the idea of limiting him to does for a bit to.

Mitch
Old 10-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a picture of the buck.
Attached Thumbnails What would you do?-scotts-buck.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.