Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scrapes

Old 10-04-2012, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

All the bucks that where showing up on my cameras last week are just gone.... Nothing is showing up now and not seeing any deer out hunting... This weather needs the break. they are saying Monday or so it will be cooling off... I think this year is going to be a tuff year of hunting... All the apple trees got frosted this spring so there are no apple for them to come and eat like they usually do.. Nothing is hanging around... This happened a couple years ago also and didn't see many deer that year also...
Old 10-04-2012, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

My step mom told me 2 bucks were fighting in their yard @ sundown 2 nights ago.
I'm ready for the cool down too V8Ranger. From high 70's yesterday and today to killing frost by Monday. Skeeters tore me up opening night, but it doesn't help that I was hunting along the Susquehanna.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

here in west michigan i found a a scrape line 20 yards from my stand. So i made a mock scrap close to where he had been making them to see if he would take it over. Went out yesterday morning to check it, there was fresh urine and his tracks in it!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Ive never done a mock... Do you use a drip, or spray?