Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
climbing tree stands >

climbing tree stands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

climbing tree stands

Old 10-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

The rubber bungie cords with plastic hooks are quicker and do a good job.I got them at Bass pro and do not use the straps they are a pain or at least was on my API. I use a long one and hook it at the top and the bottom with my pack under it.Then I use one on eack side to hold the two halves together and I use the rope which they give you to tie the two together while climbing to join them as well.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

They send me an email yesterday afternoon (8hr response time) with a really nice clear picture on how the straps are suppose to go. Not even close to how they show them in the book. thought about shooting an email back to them and tell to put that picture in the darn book as its the best info I got from them..

Will see how the straps go with some practice climbs and if I don't like it will see about changing them out for something better.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a viper and don't bother with straps,bungee's and such. I just stick my feet through the sides and use the stand itself to pull it up. On a side note, Make sure you have a tether from the top and bottom section.
you may find these helpfull if they'll fit.
http://www.summitstands.com/treestan...climb-stirrups

Last edited by jerseyhunter; 10-05-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Summit is the way to go! Its like sitting in a lazy-boy. Gorillas look VERY heavy IMO