Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Indiana Youth Hunt 1 & A Wake Up! >

Indiana Youth Hunt 1 & A Wake Up!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Indiana Youth Hunt 1 & A Wake Up!

Old 09-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile Indiana Youth Hunt 1 & A Wake Up!

It's always exciting to take a new hunter on their first Deer hunt or any hunt for that matter. It's going to happen tomarrow for many here in Indiana this weekend,where have the months gone? I will be in the woods in the morning with high hopes for my young hunter,he's ready to learn and possible success could be his. The lessons began long before the hunt though,and I think he has done his homework.
Safety is job one for me as I begin introducing a new Deer hunter into the woods,hopfully he will see it's more than the kill that makes it a great experience. The smells,sights,sounds and vissions of what could be will make up his memories as well. All the senses will be peaking as we wait for the sun to light up the beauty of the forest. I'm hoping a majestic Buck or healthy Doe makes the morning memorable for my young hunter. But if not I will point out what makes hunting a good medicine for what dulls our view of that other world we see little of throughout the year. I know many will begin the season this weekend or on the 1st. of October,good hunting to all. Be safe,take good shots and enjoy the harvest,will be looking forward to the stories and pictures the next 3 months will write in the Deer woods. Take Care!
We had a good day,my young hunter nearly got his first Buck but not quite. He hesitated for a moment and the Buck scampered off after a short halt. 30 minutes after that we had 3 Tom with nice beards come within 8 yards of our stand,if only it had been Turkey gun season! It would have been his first Turkey as well. Went back out this evening saw 1 Doe but it was to dark. He had a great time and the day was perfect,we are safely home now and will be out soon to do it again.

Last edited by doetrain; 09-29-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Good Luck. I'll be in the stand monday morning!