Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What to do with those buck horns? >

What to do with those buck horns?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do with those buck horns?

Old 09-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Spike

Default What to do with those buck horns?

I'm new to bowhunting (I'm sure a few of you might have read my first post on what bow to choose)? Anyway, It will be a while I'm sure before I hunt any deer, so I guess this is more of a curiosity question at this point. My first inclination was to use the horns (if/when) I harvest my first buck would be to make smoking pipes out of the horns, but after thinking about it for a few more minutes I though my first horns would make a nice rack to hang my bow from/on.

So, the question is, what do you do with the horns you get from the bucks you've harvested?

Last edited by jeffgothro; 09-26-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Most of the time I put them on the wall as a European mount or shoulder mount, never fooled with much else
Old 09-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Ive made bottle openers out of a few sets of sheds. I dont drink, but they make neat Christmas gifts for the guys in the family. Not to mention my dogs love them more than any store bought dog treat in the world.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most are in the cave as euro mounts. I have one set from a small 6 that I'm going to attach to a frame for when my daughter gets her first deer and another set that is kept at the cabin for rattln' antlers.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

I made a gun rack and a bow rack for my wall with two of the racks I had
Old 09-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

I simply drilled and bolted a set to my boys wall to hang all his hats on.
Also made a good walking stick and attached a fork horn antler to it by drilling into the stick and running the brow tine down into the hole then glued it. It acts like a knuckle guard I guess. Nothing amazing there but kind of neat.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Spike

I usually mount the deer I kill, or if I find sheds or kill a "management" buck the horns are used to rattle in future bucks! Also lay them across the mantle over your fireplace or on top of your gun cabinet/office table for nice decor.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

I got boxes of shed antlers, I can't bring myself to cut em up... I need a good way to display the big ones anyway. Any ideas?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Build a nice oak shelf 10 to 15 ft long. put it a little higher then your height. I did that and it looks really sharp.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

got some hanging up downstairs, made a lamp out of some, go on the wall.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.