Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
B&C and P&Y Scoring (not fair) >

B&C and P&Y Scoring (not fair)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

B&C and P&Y Scoring (not fair)

Old 09-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default B&C and P&Y Scoring (not fair)

ok Im probably gonna get blasted here, but here goes my rant! On the official scores a deer is deducted inches because of differences wether he be typical or non typical, No one but the Buckmasters scoring system ( and oh god how I hate Jackie Bushman) actually recognizes the gross score of a deer! Thats not fair to the actuall inches of antler the deer has grown (IMO).
Now I know not everyone cares about a deer scores, but the subject here is the scoring method! What do yall think!
Old 09-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Symetrical racks are purtier though
Old 09-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

I like a trashy deer, points every where
Old 09-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

i think it sucks too cause some people dont qualify for records or miss top record just because of technicalities whats the difference in my opinion
Old 09-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

if its hardened bone, it should count, the king buck made me think of this
Old 09-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Spike

I have to agree. I think that a deer's score should reflect the total inches of antler it has because deducting the differences just take away from true size of the deer. Just my 2 cents
Old 09-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Banned

sci recognizes every inch.

in b&c and p&y
the only inches deducted from a nontypical is the inches for symmetry not for the non typical points un less the rack in question is to be scored as a typical upon which the non typical points will be deducted.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by snapper1982
sci recognizes every inch.

in b&c and p&y
the only inches deducted from a nontypical is the inches for symmetry not for the non typical points un less the rack in question is to be scored as a typical upon which the non typical points will be deducted.
and is exactly why the net score is unfair to the actuall size of the deer
Old 09-24-2012, 12:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

It should be every inch of what the buck has grown.. After all, thats what we are looking at when we see a big buck. We don't say WOW look at all the deductions on that rack, No sir, we say look how BIG, and we think its big because we are looking at it as how many total inches its going to be... Taking away inches off a rack is just not right.... EVER!!....
Old 09-24-2012, 05:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Arkansasmountainman
and is exactly why the net score is unfair to the actuall size of the deer
we have to step back and look at it from the point of time in which these scoring organizations started. it is my belief that at the time they were started most hunters favored a symmetrical rack. but now alot more are favoring the all inchs score policy. that is why there are so many organizations now. B&C and P&Y have been around so long i doubt they ever go anywhere.

not to highjack your post..

do you think the spread should be added into the score? it is not inchs of bone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.