Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Why are you a Deer Hunter? >

Why are you a Deer Hunter?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why are you a Deer Hunter?

Old 09-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ultra man
To get away from the ole' lady for a while lol
Does she feel the same way?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt to find my spirit self. To find nature and be a part of the cycle of this never ending life. Just kidding! I hunt cause I can really relax when hunting. Was a time I " had to get a buck". Now frankly I don't give a **** anymore, beats work. I do a lot of praying and bible reading on the stand and am not disrupted every 3.4 seconds. I think wild game , especially wild fresh fish and my free range chickens and eggs are far superior to store bought. BIL caught a walleye today in the Flambeau river. We ate it with our farm eggs. There is no place you can find store or restaurant fish that tastes like that fish did. One thing I noticed in the woods, I notice time doesn't mean a single thing. A Hemlock tree can be 100 years old. The woods is patient and has a perfect balance I like that and reminds me of God. I hope this isn't too strange for all of ya. I'm normal,, really,,, I think.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Spike

Because real men harvest their own meat, not go to the grocery store. I was raised with hunting, first time out at 4 years old. It's about tradition, having that survival instinct that comes with it. I can only hope to pass it along to my kids. To many Sally's out there nowadays
Old 10-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me it's like all outdoor activity,being in the woods is good for the state of the mind and heart which I need. I really like the quality of the meat they offer and they are a real challenge to hunt even more so than Turkey. I never cease to marvel at how well they are created to survive. The nose,the hearing,the vission in low light or pitch blackness,they bust my stinky rear from time to time no matter what I try. I never grow tired of watching them in the wild. They are in my opinion the challenging animal in the woods as they reach maturity,Doe or Buck.