Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Venison Prosessing >

Venison Prosessing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Venison Prosessing

Old 09-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Venison Prosessing

How many here cut and grind there own veni. I'm just wondering if I'm old fashioned or what. I really do like bringing it from the field to table. Does any one else do there own?
Old 09-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

I cut my own steaks and roasts and de bone the entire deer but we have always had a local butcher do our sausage and burger. He does a fantastic job and its nice to also help out a local business in our small town.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

I do my own. I enjoy the process, and I know it is done the way i want.

I really like doing my own strip jerky.

The only thing that sucks right now is that I have no where to hang it if the weather does not cooperate. I am looking for an old frig to convert to a meat hanger, however.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

We've always butchered our own deer. I believe it is as much a part of the hunt as the pre-season scouting. We've turned one of our many buildings here into a processing station equipped with an a/c unit, electric hoists, multiple gambrels, refrigerators, freezers, cutting boards, a grinder & packing tables. We've paid some $$$ over the years processing whitetails, but we've also made some $$$ from folks around the area too.

We also tan our own hides, though we haven't been doing this as long, we're getting pretty good at it & have some cool tools, equipment & knife sheaths to show for it.

ITs taken some years to get it the way we wanted it, but it's been fun & we as a family spend alot of quality time there together. It plays a major role in our deer camp.

Last edited by On_Point; 09-22-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

On Point and I do it the same way. Cutting deer is a big part of my deer season. I cut deer for myself, most of my family, and a lot of friends also. I've had as many as nine deer hanging at one time. I enjoy it, and like to think that I do a good job.
-Jake
Old 09-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

I do all my own processing. I am very picky about my meat. I have seen some real butchers in my area.

It is also rewarding to harvest and process my animal like my grandfather always did.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

I cut up my own, never paid a butcher!! Hell where I come from everyone is a butcher! My wife is not a big veni eater, so its me and the kids eating it up, first one goes to jerky every year and Im usually out by the end of the week!
Old 09-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do it all but the sausage.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sausage is simple as long as you dont mind eating it in patty form. I make brats in 30 pound batches, and put em on the grill.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

always done mine. The past few years i started helpin my friend get into hunting and now he helps process the deer to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.